The Vanishing Cabinet

Walking up to Malfoy who was standing quite close to the Whomping Willow, I dropped Chas who easily landed on her feet before scampering to keep up with me. “You called for me?” I asked with a bit of an attitude, just because I worked with him doesn’t mean I liked him.

He rolled his eyes before jumping back a little as Chas pawed at his leg and looked up at him showing her beautiful eyes. “Yes,” He started then paused before exclaiming, “What the hell is wrong with this cat!”

I glared at him raising my voice “There is nothing wrong with my Chas! Now tell me what you called me for or else you may just find yourself without my help.”  That freaking jerk had the nerve to say that there was something wrong with Chas.

 “I need your help with something in the Room of Requirement,” he muttered quietly eyeing my cat as fear filled his eyes.

“No I will not help you with your fantasies Draco! I’m not a play toy!” I almost shrieked at him. How rude! I’m not some person that sleeps with just anyone in fact I haven’t slept with anyone!

He sighed shaking his head, “No that’s not what I meant. My dad wants me to fix something but I have no idea what to do and you’re the smartest one in Slytherin, other than me of course.” At that I sent him a death glare, “I mean smarter than me, the only one smarter than me.”

“Much better,” I laughed, “alright let’s go see what your stupid mind can’t figure out.”

“I’m not stupid!” Malfoy shrieked in a high pitched voice.

“Are you sure you’re a guy? Because last time I checked girls can only scream like that,” I joked.

“Whatever. Follow me I wanna work on the project before class starts again.” He muttered.

I skipped along behind him as we made our way to the Room of requirements. As we arrived to the door Harry was walking by. “I knew you wouldn’t be good news Mudd, I should have guessed you two would end up together.”

“Shut up Potty” Malfoy sneered.

 While I laughing at the two walked up to Harry with a wickedly sweet smile. “I should have guessed you would be here, since Ron is probably in your room. I guess it makes since because you don’t want Ran to be creeped out by you and Neville,” I said before breaking his nose.

“I believe we were about to enter the Room of Requirements, You need to go first so we go to the right place,” I said awaiting the blonde to enter.

Malfoy walked in to the room, I quickly followed with Chas scampered along behind us. The room of requirements was filled with junk, so much of it that there was hardly any way to get through it, Chas let out a happy squeal as she ran up to a small rubber bouncy ball. Looking around I couldn’t figure out what exactly Draco would need me to fix, everything looked either perfectly fine or far beyond repair.

“This way,” He Instructed as he walked a hidden path through all the shelves and piles of either lost or forgotten items, he led us up to green cabinet.

“Your dad wants you to fix a stupid cabinet? It looks perfectly fine! I mean the only thing that would need to be fixed is the door,” I said as I opened the door, “And it seems perfectly fine! Your dad is stupid to think it needs fixing.”

He glared at me, “My dad is not stupid, and this cabinet is broken. It’s a Vanishing Cabinet, there’s another one at my house. My mom has become so lonely at home while my dad is out being a death eater, so my dad wants to make it where my mom can come and visit me when she wants.”

I looked away nervously, “Oh, sorry.” I didn’t expect him to care so much about his mom, it seems like all he cares about in this world is his dad and himself. I guess when you make assumptions you’re usually wrong.

“Yeah, whatever I want to get this fixed as soon as possible so my dad doesn’t go mad from my mother’s complaining or my mother goes crazy from being lonely,” he muttered before turning back to the cupboard, “I’ve tried everything I know of trying to fix this stupid thing,  but nothing has worked yet. That stupid Peeves! Thinking this place is his and he can do whatever he wants.”

 In the back of the room a pile of junk fell down. “I heard that! I will get my revenge,” Peeves sang before disappearing as soon as he appeared.

“Just freaking great,” He muttered then turned to me, “Do you think you could possibly help me out?”

“Hmm I don’t know what would I get out of it?” I asked.

“I don’t know? The joy of helping a clueless guy I guess. I would really not like to talk to Hermione she hates my guts and is on Potter’s side, but you’re on my team so I was hoping that maybe you’d be willing to help me. If you get this to work I’ll find something that I can do for you, and if I can’t then I’ll owe you a favor.” He said, I could tell he was really troubled by this, but there was something else that I noticed. He wouldn’t look me in the eye, he didn’t even look at Chas.

“Ok then, I’ll do some research but first I want you to tell me what is really going on,” I sighed.

He looked at me shock filled his eyes, “Fine, but you can’t tell anyone.” He pulled his shirt sleeve up revealing the dark mark tattooed to his arm, “My dad made me become a death eater and this is my assignment. Snape has already heard I know he squealed to Dumbledore and he too is in on it and has decided that they will stage something that ends in either Dumbledore dying or faking his death and going into hiding.” He had mumbled something under his breath after that but I couldn’t hear it.

“Glad that we now know you can trust me now,” I joked slightly, “Ok well first things first don’t lie to me again, and I’ll tell you all that I find out.”

“You’ll do it?” He asked eyes shining, I nodded. A smile spread across his face as he engulfed me into a bear hug as he chanted thank you over and over.