The Beginning

Mudd Dursley, yup that’s my name Mudd freaking Dursley.  My parents are crazy, who would name their kids Mudd and Dudley? Well I guess my name is OK, kind of cool but it would be even better if my hair or something about me was like mud but since there isn’t it’s a burden.  When I was born my mother, if she is even aloud to be called that, put me up for adoption straight away because I had Vivid orange hair and she had a fear for girls since her sister was a wizard. She had a right to fear me, for I am a wizard well witch.

I was adopted by a family in Texas and grew up there my name then changed to Mudd Storm. I met my best friend when we were seven he had platinum blond almost white hair his name was Kyle. Some would compare Kyle to Draco Malfoy, but Kyle is better he jokes around and is musically inclined and although he jokes around he can be serious when needed. My life was good until my eleventh birthday when my parents got a letter from an owl speaking of a wizard school called Hogwarts, Mom and dad asked if I had wanted to go and seeing as the name is about warts on hogs I had refused to go. Sadly my refusal wasn’t accepted.

One day while I was at school I had taken some time out of my advisory class, which is like a study hall for middle schools, to visit the restroom to cry my eyes out because of my stupid guy friend, Kyle.  I had plopped myself on the cover of the toilet  grabbing toilet paper to wipe the tears from my face the wall that the toilet was on spun around bringing me to face a man with greasy black hair in long black robes.

“Good evening Ms. Dursley.” he spoke his voice held a British accent that immediately caught my attention, “I see that you did not want to join us at Hogwarts, but the headmaster will not hear it. I’m sorry, but I will be taking you with me to get your stuff for class and get you to school maybe if we are lucky we can get to the school in time to hear the sorting hat.”

“The sorting hat? Is that some sort of puppet? And who are you? I’m not going anywhere with you unless I know that.” I asked voice softening like it normally does when talking to adults.

The man smiled it was a little creepy but I was eleven what do you expect when you meet a crazy guy behind the girls bathroom toilets, "My name is Severus Snape, but you will call me Professor Snape like the rest of the students at Hogwarts while we are there that is. Consider me your mentor if you must, so until we reach school I am Severus to you. And the Sorting hat will place you in one of the four houses at Hogwarts."

"Mew" came the soft voice of Chas, my kitten, awaking me from my daydreams of my past. Chas was my pretty little white begal cat with light orange eyes, Professor Snape gave her to me he says that her orange eyes are just a DNA mix up I still think she is the prettiest thing ever.

Yes when I came here I was here just in time to hear my name called by a female professor and was put into Slytherin. I'm in the same year as my cousin his friends and with his enemies well I guess I'm one of his enemies being that I am in his rival’s house. Harry never really acknowledges me anymore he treats me badly like he wishes he could treat my twin Dudley, and I put up with it until we were third years that was when I joined forces with Draco, secretly that is.

A small paw making contact with my nose brought me out of my thoughts again, Chas had crawled into my lap had one paw on my chest and the other on my nose. Laughing softly I began to rub her ear as Snape walked over to the bench I was sitting on watching as the beautiful red, orange and brown leaves fell from the trees on campus.

"Good Morning miss Storm, it seems like your little defected kitten like you," He chuckled before taking a seat next to me.

"Chas isn't defected! She’s special that all," I exclaimed, "How has your day been professor Snape?"

Severus sighed "Your cousin can't get anything I teach and Malfoy likes to cause so much trouble."

"I'm sorry to hear that, I could talk to Draco if you would like me too." I offered with a small smile before looking down at my kitten that was now snoozing in my lap trapping my hand between her front two paws.

"That would be wonderful, thank you so much Mudd." He said a smile creeping upon his mouth. A distant voice yelled my last name which is what just about everyone calls me by, "Looks like you can go talk to him for me now being that he needs you to do something."

"Yes sir," I said picking up Chas and walking towards the school where Draco was waiting to give me my project for this week.