Ch. 13

It's been two weeks since Juvia had fallen into her magic induced coma. Mirajane had kept her in the guild hall's medical room. Mirajane placed a clean, damp towel on her forehead as she heard somebody walk in.

"Good morning Gray," Mirajane greeted.

Gray turned around and closed the door behind him,
"Morning."

In Gray's hands was a bouquet of blue lillies. These were Juvia's favorite flowers.

"How sweet of you to bring her those."

"Yea, the ones from last week were starting to die so..." Gray said feeling his face turn red.

Mirajane smiled lightly and looked back down in Juvia.

"Gray be honest."

Gray lifted his head to face Mirajane.

"Do you think she will wake up?" Mira asked him in a serious tone.

Gray was quiet at first, then suddenly grew defensive.

"Why the hell wouldn't she?"

"I just-"

"She'll wake up dammit!" Gray raised his voice.

Mirajane fell silent and put her head down.

Gray quickly realized,
"I'm sorry Mira. It's just...she's..."

Mirajane approached the door and opened it to let herself out,
"Its fine Gray."

She closed the door behind her as Gray sighed in frustration and propped himself against the wall. He placed the flowers on a nearby shelf and crossed his arms. Gray took a deep breath and stood back up again. He felt the towel over Juvia's forehead and took it off to wet it with warm water. Gray held the towel under the faucet and let the warm water soak into it. He started wringing the towel out then rolled it back up to put on Juvia's forehead. He struggled to smile as he sat up against the wall.

Master Makarov walked into the room,
"Gray what is this I'm hearing? Yelling at Mira like that..."

"I didn't mean too," Gray softly spoke.

Makarov sighed,
"I know this is hard for you, but this guild is here to help you. You should not be treating anybody like that, especially if they did nothing wrong."

Gray nodded.

Makarov looked at Juvia,
"How is she?"

Gray shook his head,
"Nothing."

Makarov then looked to the side on the dresser to see three other bouquets of flowers and felt his heart sink.

"I'll leave you alone now son," Makarov frowned as he left the medical room.

Gray laid his head down as he stared at the floor, remembering everything they had been through together. From the day they met when she was part of the Elemental Four to the day they fought in the Grand Magic Games. He felt his eyes start to water as he directed his attention back up to Juvia to find her covered in blood.

"J-Juvia!" Gray slightly shouted.

Juvia rose up from the bed and had a tear fall down her face,
"It's all your fault."

"What?"

"You're the reason I'm in this bed. How could you?" Juvia accused him.

"No I didn't mean to I swear I-" he was interrupted.

"I hate you!!"

Suddenly, Gray woke up in a sweaty panic. He looked back up on the bed to see Juvia still asleep. Gray wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"I fell asleep??" Gray questioned himself.

There was a knock on the door as Erza walked in,
"Gray, I thought I heard you call out. Are you alright?"

Gray sighed in exhaustion,
"Y-yea. I'm alright."

"Gray, you must be tired. You really should go home and rest. I can tell you haven't slept in days..." Erza said.

Gray rubbed his eyes,
"I'm fine Erza."

Erza directed her sight to the wooden floor,
"You know it's not your fault right?"

Gray stayed silent.

"Goodnight Gray," Erza said as she shut the door.

"Night?" Gray wondered.

He looked out the window as the sun was setting. Gray came to the conclusion that he should head home and sleep. He stared at Juvia and placed his hand on her head.

"I'm sorry."