Ch.19

Totomaru came crashing down with his sword set ablaze with blue fire, aiming for Natsu's head. Natsu clapped the sword between his palms. Totomaru broke free with a back handspring. Natsu felt his arm catch fire as he charged at Totomaru. Totomaru dodged to the left, then slicing Natsu on the side with his fire sword as he passed by. Natsu swiftly jumped away, holding his abdomen. He exhaled lightly as the rain kept pouring down.

"The old Natsu surely wouldn't have let me even harm him!" the fire wizard taunted.

"He's a lot faster than he used to be..."

"I'd pay attention in battle if I were you!" he scolded.

Totomaru snickered as he lifted his sword higher, to attempt a strike. He missed the dragon slayer. The rain continued to fall down on the mages, the water getting colder and colder. Lucy grabbed her arms and began to shiver. 

Natsu rubbed his face and balled his hand into a fist, fire spreading up his arm,
"Fire Dragon...fist!"

He aimed for Totomaru's jaw. Totomaru grinned and stared down at Natsu. The fire mage's hand froze in the air right in front of Totomaru's face.

"Gotcha." he simply stated.

Natsu's fist turned back around and slammed into his own head. 

"Natsu!" Lucy called.

Totomaru returned his sword to the sheath at his hip.

"Dammit! Fire manipulation sure is pain in my ass."

Natsu charged at him with fire breath, blowing his embers at Totomaru's shoulder. He snickered as Natsu's fire had no effect.

"You forgot about my fire resistance too?" 

"Yeah," Natsu said  bluntly.

"Was I that forgettable of a foe?!" he asked frustrated.

"I don't understand...why are the elemental four back and against us?" the celestial mage spoke.

"It makes no sense after all these years of peace," Happy also questioned.

Totomaru blasted orange colored fire at Natsu's direction. Natsu opened his mouth to inhale the flames for his own strength to increase. He halted as his nose started to flare. Natsu stepped back and started gagging,
"That stinks!"

"I didn't forget your ability to swallow my flames-"

Totomaru's words were interrupted ha Natsu leaned over and threw up on the ground.

"How did I ever allow myself to be defeated by you of all people!"

Totomaru sped up quickly and kicked him in the gut. Natsu caught his breath and backed away as he threw up again.

"Fairy Tail will fall to the Elemental Four!" Totomaru exclaimed as he slammed Natsu's head into the ground.

"That's it, I've had enough!" Lucy proclaimed. 

Lucy reached for her keys, 
"Open gate of the-"

Totomaru sent a fireball towards Lucy and Happy.

"Lucy!" Natsu called.

Happy quickly grabbed Lucy's arm and dodged the intense flames.

Natsu sighed in relief as he stood up and faced Totomaru. The dragon slayer glared at his opponent, wiping the drool and bile off his chin.

"Did I finally strike a nerve?"

Natsu remained silent.

"Happy! You and Lucy need to get out of here!" he commanded at the exceed.