Friends.

After that eventful talk with my family I ended up fighting for the remote with Aiden, ever so often laughing loudly at how badly my little brother wanted the remote that I eventually gave in to his whines, letting the young man switch between channels during the time when I eagerly ate chips with cheese. Back in Hollywood I could only dream about eating chips, but now, when I'm home and no one from the agency is writing down the actual weight and size of my meals, I can live freely. Well, apart from my mother that ever so occasionally keeps telling me how unhealthy they are. But mooom! This is the life! Is what I continued to reply everytime she tried to scold me. Well, she was doing a good job after all, since I soon cut out the unhealthy snacks and shifted my snack for an apple. Give me some good karma, God, for that choice!

The next morning I was awoken by the sweet, sweet smell of homemade pancakes that my mother cooks on special occasions, adding some caramel syrup all over that hot mess with some whipped cream on top. Boy, that always caught me in a dream state. Reminds me of my first time. Off topic! As per usual, me and my siblings raced down to the first floor, ever so often slipping on the slippery surface with fuzzy socks that our mother bought us for Christmas, taking in all the pancakes that we could before headng out to buy presents for everyone.

Mother always gave us early presents, that had always been fuzzy socks, but we never whined much about it. I wasn't alone that cherished everything that I got from my parents. They always were the ones that raised me, that put money not only in me and my studies, but also my siblings. I had never understood how do they do it, but it felt magical.

As soon as we three - me, Aiden and Liz - left for a trip to random shops all around the area we lived, Aiden decided to turn on some music that blasted in the car. I must say, Aiden not only has a good taste in cars, but also a blowing stereo installed in the machine. Everything that he played shook the seat I was in and it felt great. Not in a sexual way, though. Let's leave it at that.

At shop, as per usual, we messed around. Not only taking random, funny pictures and sending to our mom, I managed to grab myself some presents for mom and dad, since most of the presents that I was supposed to give to my family are in my room, locked inside my cupboard that no one ever got the access to, hidden beneath all the stuff that the teenage me decided to hide from my parents. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a secretive teenager to begin with, but I decided that it would be best to hide condoms from public eyes. Even after I had a few, most of them were taken by my girl friends with me using only one during all those 18 years. And yet it was a mistake during a party that I got very drunk. Eventually it all ended with me going to the hospital and cleaning my stomach. Fun memories, but not the best. I still remembe r the sour, disgusting feeling inside me before throwing up on my mate's face. Lovely.

It didn't take too long for us to stop by McDonalds for a take-out, ordering whatever we wanted with us grabbing something good for our parents to gnaw on meanwhile we wrap out presents upstairs. It was those little things that made me happy. Ever since I realised how lucky I am, I tresured everything I got, as I have mentioned numerous times throughout this story. I have never been more happy than I am now.

As soon as we got back home, I walked out from the car before shutting the door closed. Out with my hair braided in two braids and few flowers there and there (sister's work), my attention was caught by a fairly familiar, deep voice that was seemingly calling my name. It didn't take me long to realise the source of the name and the face that the voice belonged to, turning my head to glance at a tall, muscular man that was maybe a year older than me, from what I rememer. Messy dark hair, well-defined jawline and beautiful, white smile that just oddly complimented his dark eyes. Thomas Peters. The school's darling and now town's dream boy. I had always wondered, why he never took the acting career when he was offered one. 'This town is my home. I can never take such an opportunity that might change who I am inside.' Were his words back then. I wish I couldn't relate to them as I do now.