Chapter 1

Standing in front of the burnt house memories started to spread out in Derek's mind. The pain only grew with each memory while looking at his old home.

It was an 1800's Victorian house. Staring at what was left of the house opened up old wounds that had after more that a decade finally almost healed. Closing his eyes he let the memories surfaces. Memories of his family, his pack that had died, that were murdered. Because of him.

~

"Derek!" Talia, his mom called out."Call your brother and sisters down, Peter and his family are almost here."

"Mom, they already heard you." He answered, rolling his eyes. "Werewolves remember." He said tapping his ear with his free hand while the other bounced the basketball on the floor.

"Don't be so cheeky brat. Alpha here remember." She let her eyes turn red and playfully smacked my head with a dish towel before pushing me out of the kitchen.

A second later the front door burst opened to show his dad and uncle Peter laughing at something. Behind them was Peters wife Stephanie yelling at their two kids who were already making their way up the stairs. Probably to join his brother and sisters in whatever they were doing.

~

Derek opened his eyes and looked at the broken house, the smell of smoke still lingering in the air. His heart ached from the loss of his family. The guilt and nightmares still haunted him at night keeping him from ever having a good nights rest.

The nightmares. He sees his family burning.

In New York he would have them every night making him jump out bed, sweating with his claws out. Most nights Laura would come in and pull him into bed with her, letting her steady heartbeat put him to sleep.

He tried not to think of Her. Of Kate. It didn't help that sometimes when the pack met up his eyes would land on Allison and he couldn't stop himself from thinking about her.

~

Later that night he's sitting down next to Peter and his dad during dinner. He noticed his uncle trying to sneakily but all his vegetables in Derek's plate. He gives Peter a look which only gets him a smile in return. Shaking his head at his uncles old antics he looks around the table. He sees his parents in a heated discussion with Stephanie about a group of Rouges nearby. His brother had his nose in a book, not noticing Peters kids stealing bits of his food, Laura is trying to text without his parents noticing since phones aren't allowed during family time. Cora is cleaning some food that their little sister somehow got all over her own hair.

"What's up pup?" He hears, he looks over to see his uncle looking at him and raises an eyebrow in question. "I can hear you thinking." He answers Derek's question. Well technically his eyebrows, but still.

Shaking his head he looks around and sees everyone looking at him. "I'm just happy." He answers. "That we're a family." He finishes before realizing that he probably sounded stupid.

"Of course you're happy. You have us as a family and pack what more could you ask for?" Laura tells him from across the table before his cousin and Cora start yelling out things that they want.

Peter puts an arm around his shoulder and pulls him close. "One day you'll have a your own pack." He tells Derek. You'll find a mate that will love you and you'll have a bunch of kids with brooding eyebrows." Derek doesn't answer back or pull away. He just looks around and wonders if his uncle is right. If he'll ever have his own family.

~

Opening his eyes again Derek can feel darkness closing in, he drowning in it and doesn't know if he'll ever find a way out. If he deserved to he out. But then he feels it. Something warm and fuzzy spreading through his body. He looks down and the reason behind the feeling and finds long fingers wrapped around his own.

His eyes follow up from the hand to the owners arm to his long pale neck and finally to the face to the hands owner. Big brown eyes stare into his. His heart tightens at the way that the younger man is looking at him.

The boy inches his body closer. "You okay?" He whispers looking down at Derek. Somewhere in the last four years of meeting Stiles he had grown up without him noticing.

Derek doesn't say anything, he only hold his mates hands harder, intertwining their fingers and turns around.

He watches as the kids who were once lost,broken and lonely all play around. He watches as Isaac and Ethan help the Sheriff take out bags of good and bring them to the picnic table that Boyd had built earlier that summer. Danny runs up to the table and plants a kiss on Ethan's cheek before diving into the bags of food.

Allison and Isaac, who at fist kept their distance not knowing if they belonged until Scott and Kira talked to them were coming out of the woods with an armful of wood for the bonfire they were gonna make. Aiden and Lydia were fighting again not noticing what was going on around them.

Erica and Boyd were running around chasing after Eli, their adopted daughter. They had found the pup abandoned in the alleyway behind Deatons building.

Derek felt something like a knot loosen as he looked at the pack. Finally his eyes landed on Peter next to Cora who like him was looking at the pack, a small smile on his lips. One that he hadn't seen since before the fire.

He hear his uncles voice.'One day you'll have your own pack.' The memory surfacing in his head. 'You'll find a mate that will love you.'

His eyes locked with Peters and he sees his uncles smile soften and widen. He smile back and looks at Stiles.

He looks at the boy. At the young man that saved his life , who broke down his walls, protected and stayed with him. He turns his head and kisses the younger man softly on the lips before backing off and smiling a him. His mate looks surprised for a second before smiling widely an bending down and kissing the older man. After what feels like forever, but still not long enough they break the kiss to get some air.

"I'm okay." He finally answered his mate.

Looking back up at the old house he knows it's time to start over. To rebuild the house. To make new memories.

It's time to rebuild the Hale house.

For his new friends.

His family.

His pack.

(A/N)

~this is my first time writing something so I have no idea exactly how long it'll take to write the next chapter but I'll try to upload every couple(3-5?) of days.