Damien- EPILOGUE

The universe is full of big- really big- questions? How exactly did it start? Why did it start? What will happen to it? And how will it all end? I have contemplated these questions many times before-

But when Lilly walked away from me that day at Burning Moon, I only had one question;

Why had I just let the love of my life walk away?

And to be honest, I couldn't really give you the answer. Fear maybe? A bit of panic, a dash of stubbornness and some stupidity thrown in- well, that's what Jess said anyway as she hit me over the head with a rolled up magazine. 

The next year was like a blur. I went everywhere, Japan, China and even Russia, but the truth is, I didn't go anywhere at all- my thoughts were always with her. And whenever I saw the moon, I wondered if she was looking up at it too- yes, all very soppy. But real love seems to have that effect on you. Suddenly you like cards with sentimental messages, adverts that depict happy families with picket fenses and dogs frolicking in the garden, I even watched "Pretty Woman" in my hotel room one night- embarrassingly, I had tears.

Lilly was on my mind so much... and more. I tried to find things that would trick my mind so time would pass and the thoughts would subside.

But I always found her again.

She was everywhere.

And my only way to be with her was to think of her.

So I did.

That infamous picture of her had continued to go very viral; and I couldn't escape it. But when I looked at it,  all I saw was that crazy, silly girl I fell in love with.

The girl wearing that ridiculous pink onsie, rabbit slippers and a face that looked like a toddler had experimented on it with lipstick and a black crayon. Right from the start she fascinated me and I wanted to know more.

I realised she was someone special when she invited me to her hotel.  

And I realised I was falling in love with her when she set herself on fire. Who sets themselves on fire?

But so far life has taught me that 2nd chances are rare, and seldom come along. You usually get one shot at something, and if it passes you by, that's it. So when Jess told me that Lily would be coming to Burning Moon, I knew that this was the one and only, never to be repeated opportunity to make it right. Because it hadn't felt right without her.Not for a single second of a single day.

But what Lilly doesn't know is that I'm planning on proposing to her. I managed to track down a rare red diamond, so that it would always remind her of our first night together, under the Blood Moon. (Yeah, I can be a bit corny that way!)

I've never been more nervous about anything in my life... so wish me luck.

*Enjoy The Silence- Depeche Mode (Probably the song they are best known for)