Chapter 28

"Can you remember anything about what happened to you?" the tallest police man asked me. He was bald and built like a brick shit house. He really did look like a thug to be honest with you.

"Yes, Gerard hit me over the head with something. While I had temporary amnesia he took advantage saying I was his girlfriend because he had a crush on me and hated my boyfriend Marilyn." I recite.

They look at each other.

"Do you have his address?" They ask me

I give them his home address and then they leave me and I am alone once again.

The nurse returns and tells me that my friends are here.

Marilyn runs through the door and all-but-launches himself at me, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

"Fucking hell...Ebony!!" he rushes breathlessly

"Ohmysatan you are crushing me" I laugh jokingly.

After a small catch up and a laugh, my dad appears in the room.

We have a small-reunion before my friends leave, giving me and my dad some privacy.

Being my usual observant self, I notice he looks uncomfortable.

"What's up?" I interrogate him.

"Ebony...I don't feel its safe for you here anymore" He states looking at the floor.

I'm confused.

"Huh...what are you saying?" I tentatively quiz him.

"Beaconsfield brook is a world-renowned boarding school, with excellent music facilities and even a stables where you could learn to horse-back ride. I know you might be reluctant to leave because of your friends but it really is the best..." I cut him off.

"WHAT! I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE" I scream, hearing the beeps on the heart monitor get faster as I get angrier.

"We'll discuss this later, I have to leave I have a meeting with Metallica." He walks forward to kiss my head, but I shove him away.

He quickly covers his hurt expression, spins around and leaves.

How am I going to get out of this ?

**************************************************************************

I'm due to be discharged tomorrow. But I have other ideas. I smile at my plan as I struggle to get dressed with the clothes in the wardrobe from when I was brought in.

I'm running away.

Unfortunately, the shoes that are there are my metal-soled combat boots; that make a satisfying clunk on the linoleum floor, but they aren't too good for sneaking out of a hospital.

I walk towards the wooden door of my private room and slowly push down the handle. Slowly, I walk out of the room and into the surprisingly empty corridor of the hospital.

Luckily for me, there is a large plastic sign on the wall opposite my room which clearly labels where the exit is and how to get there. Following the signs, I reach the glass doors of the hospital and run outside. I am met with slightly chilly blasts of air.

I linger on the front steps for a few minutes thinking about what to do next. Absentmindedly, I put my hand in the pocket of the skinny jeans I am wearing. Slowly, as if I did not believe it, I pull out the black AMEX credit card my dad gave me. I hadn't thought I had it on me.

I also have the motorcycle license I got after my Uncle taught me how to ride last summer. Smiling, I know now what I am going to do.

*****************************************************

The nearest motorcycle shop was a few minutes from the hospital. I found it was a Kawasaki store, which made me happy because I love Kawasaki. I decide to purchase the Kawasaki ninja 650 in white. (pic above/side) 

I get the necessary protection I need for riding and pay for the bike. That will make my dad cry when he sees how much the bike was.

I ride my new bike to the nearest hot topic, where I buy some new clothes. There was no way I was setting foot back in my house. Dad would probably freak and lock me inside like some weird modern-day Rapunzel story.

I buy a Metallica hardwired tee, a clever girl Jurassic word muscle tee, a buffy the vampire slayer sunnydale slayers tee and a MIW horror queen tee.

Then I buy a marvel black widow belted jacket, blackheart red wash skinny jeans, blackheart black skinny jeans and lovesick bleached destroyed skinny jeans.

Finally I get:

- Harley Quinn Pyjamas

- Harley Quinn combat boots

-Dead pool tactical built backpack

- Jack Skellington beanie

This would also piss off dad.

Then at the side of the store, I take all the tags from the clothing and roll them so that they fit nicely into the deadpool bag. The boots also fit in. I then put the bag onto my back and replace the helmet back onto my head.

Outside, I get back onto my bike. Quickly, I decide to drive right to the edge of town where I know there is a payphone which I can use to ring Marilyn as I don't want anyone tracking my mobile.

The journey is pleasant, though I get a few curious glances from people I know who think I am in hospital. The payphone isn't particularly pretty, quite a bit of the glass is smashed and litter is on the ground around. Still, I park my bike next to it.

The money is in the machine and I dial Marilyn's number.

"Hello?" His uncertain voice rings out from the other end.

"Hi" I respond softly

"Ebony?! Where are you! We are all worried sick"

"Look, Im at the town outskirts don't tell anyone. My dad is trying to ship me off to boarding school"

"WHAT"

"Exactly. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now though. Meet me by the payphone"

Then I hang up.