Cast Away

I never thought it would end this way…

Maybe something that made people think not the same old, same old…  She got lost and died of dehydration and no food… That’s the way most of us died these days.  I mean, we run from anyone who has armor or a shield, sword, spear or a flag with the dreadful section of the kingdom’s crest on it.  People get lost, like all the time. We’ll run into the woods or jump into a river and try to swim away.  They tear down our houses and take our sheep and cattle away from us.  We are treated like animals and they don’t even care if they’re ripping families apart.  Like taking us to completely different parts of the kingdom.  In Katar (the kingdom) there are 4 sections:  Incohoot, the land of animals,  Haecrop, the land of wheat,  Marriwave, the land of the water, and last but not least, Thymoak, the land of darkness.  Thymoak is the section that is brutalizing everyone else.  Their flag is the one you need to be afraid of.  No one in their terrible grasp gets out.  Their leader,  Zaphrum III is a cruel man… He technically is a man but he truly is a monster.  Nobody knows what drove him to become this way not even his undercover workers.  But he’s letting all of his anger out on us…

I never thought it would end this way…

I stumbled every step as I drag my body on the muddy, dirty, gravel road.  It’s raining and you can see some light on the horizon but the clouds above you are as dark as midnight.  I don’t know if I’m trembling from fear, from the cold or from being so scared.  There’s a tree off in the distance that I should probably rest by.  It’s also a great place to hide from patrollers.  I try to walk faster as I hear the sound of thunder which could mean lightning, but I fall face first into a filthy puddle.  It doesn’t change my appearance much; I’m already soaked to the bone.  As I get up I fall again but this time on a stone near the puddle.  I wince as my knee hits the gagged rock.  I cry out (scream) as the rain started to pour down almost saying, “Haha you’re down! Now stay down!”  I moan in pain as I feel warm blood drizzle down my leg.  Then suddenly I hear horse’s hooves crashing down on the soft earth.  It must be a patrol… I will never make it to the tree now.

I turned my head to see what was coming; I saw nothing so I thought it was my heart beat.  I made sure so I turned my head the other way.  Sure enough I saw 3 Thymoakian patrollers.  I quickly rolled into the ditch, which was filled with murky water.  It was deep enough to cover my body.  I heard the horse hooves got louder and slower.  Finally they stopped and after a second darted off farther down the road.  They probably saw a farmer in the fields and went to take them prisoner.  I had been holding my breath for which seemed an hour but only about 30 seconds.  I slowly stuck my head out of the water to make sure none of them were keeping watch.  No one was there, but I did see a strange piece of paper lying on the ground where the patrollers stopped.  I got out of the ditch and stealthily crawled over to the note.  I grabbed it with my shaky hand and opened it, making sure not to rip it because it was soaked with water.    The squiggly ink was running down the page combining words which made it hard to read.  As I quickly read it trying to cover it from the rain with my body, I slowly realize what its saying.  I am the luckiest girl in the world.  What I read was something only patrollers would send.  They weren’t even aloud to read it.  No one was allowed to read it except the leader of Thymoak, Zaphrum III. 

It was all the plans listed on order.  All the maps put there right in front of you.  Details of details. 

Things you would never think of seeing.  I almost stopped breathing, I was so excited.  I knew exactly what I was going to do.  

I was going to go and save the people.

  I knew that everyone who they had captured were there(at the main base), hopefully breathing but who knows.  No one can just walk in and take a look around and hope for the best.  If you go in there you probably aren’t coming out.  My train of thought ends when I hear the loudest boom I have ever heard in my entire life.  I see a huge streak of lighting whip across the plain.  I shudder as I see a little tree off in the distance erupt into flames thinking, that could’ve been me…. I snap back into reality and tell myself to pull it together and try to make it to the big tree that was about 300 feet away.  I realize that my knee isn’t hurting as badly as it was earlier.  I wince a little as I stand up; but it’s so cold it’s numbed most of the fiery burning.  I limp and drag my leg wobbly as I start to move hopelessly to the tree, my soon to be safe haven.  I ever so slowly make my way to the tree.