Arrangements

Have you ever wished that you'd just taken three seconds to think something over in your head before you followed through on an action?

Well I could have answered 'No' before, exactly three seconds ago.  However, within those fateful three seconds, I was kissed on the forehead by an obsessive werewolf and I foolishly wiped it off.  Now why did I do that? Well, it's simple really: I hate werewolves!

And now, thanks to my reflexes, I'm currently in a death grip, staring a monster in the face.  That monster's name is Vincent, and he claims to be my mate.

Now, as he's glaring at me, his eyes yellow and his teeth bared, showing off his snarl of disapproval, all I can concentrate on is how stupid I was to allow myself to get in his truck with him in the first place.  I could have refused.  I could have ran!

Now there's a thought.  Why on Earth didn't I try to run away?

Vincent tightened his grip on my shoulders, making me flinch with pain.  For a brief moment, a look of guilt passed over his face, but it was gone so quickly that I questioned if it was even there in the first place. 

"Mate," he growled, his deep voice sounding guttural and threatening, "don't ever refuse my affection."  He pushed his face closer and closer to mine, most likely moving in to put another kiss on my forehead.

However he didn't go towards my face.  Instead, he moved his head towards my left shoulder. 

"What are you doing?" I whimpered, pretty sure that I already had an idea.  Please don't let him do what I think he's going to do!

Vincent chuckled.  He pulled my shirt to the side so that my shoulder was exposed to him.  "I need to claim you so that others know you're mine."

"Whoa!" I shouted, putting my hand on his head and pushing it back.  "No!  No!  That's not happening!"  If I was claimed as a mate, then the only way I'd ever get a chance at leaving this territory would be with his permission, which of course would mean I'd never leave!

Vincent growled and pulled the keys out of the ignition, leaving us stranded on the side of the road.  There were no other cars out, go figure.  I'm just not having a good day today.  I grabbed at my hair and shoved my head back on the head rest, which hurt because it was hard.

"Look at me, Mate," Vincent ordered.

I ignored him, going over the options that I had.  So far, I couldn't think of any.

"Mate," he growled.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and turned to face him.  "Yes?" I asked in a fake cheery voice.  Then it hit me.  We were pulled over on the side of the road!  All I had to do was open the door and run with all my might.  Sure, there's no doubt in my mind that Vincent would follow me, but we're in a suburban area now, houses surrounding the road.  All I had to do was yell and scream.  The best part was that because he didn't mark me yet, there was really no absolute way to prove that I was chosen to be his mate.  I can tell some werewolf passerby that Vincent was crazy and then he'll either get banished or demoted to omega!  It's perfect! 

Plus I wouldn't have to wait a few weeks for Danni's mate's sister to follow through!

Vincent was looking at me with a very angry expression on his face.  "Something tells me you don't like being my mate," he growled.  "Well it's only been ten minutes, so how about you cut me some slack, okay?"

I nodded, leaning forward a little so that my body blocked his view of the door handle.  Slowly but surely I inched my hand to it, blindly feeling for it as I kept my gaze fixed on Vincent who continued talking.