'V' for What? (Revised)

-----

AN: Hey! I edited this on my phone and it didn't save the changes I'd made! So sorry! I've fixed it! Let's see if this works....

----

"Ah, our dear friend is showing his hand." Sherlock smirked. "Open it."

"What if it's a bomb? Remember when he strapped Semtex to some poor blokes a few years ago?" John held the box at arm's length as he said this.

"He wouldn't bomb us, John. I'm too important." Sherlock rolled his eyes and made for the box, John pulled it away and frowned. "If there is a bomb in the box, which there isn't, it would have probably exploded by now from you jostling it around so much."

John looked at Sherlock, then the box, then back again. " 'You sure?"

"Positively."

John sets the box on the coffee table and cuts it open with a kitchen knife. Inside are crumpled newdpapers, a few rocks, and DVD in a plastic case. John stood to get his laptop as Sherlock investigated the contents further.

"Some of the words are underlined" Sherlock muttered, looking at John who had just sat back down with his laptop. "Assumingly if we put the newspapers in consecutive order by their date, we can read Moriarty's message."

"Let's see what's on the DVD first." John dierected as his computer booted up.

Sherlock rolled his eyes and continued looking at the newspapers.

John typed in his computer's password and slid the disc into the slot.

The DVD started immediately, showing a clip from an old fashioned animated movie. It then went to static and James Moriarty's grinning face faded onto sceen.

"Hello, Sherlock, Dr. Watson. I have something of your's don't I?" He greeted warmly then his expression fell almost as soon as the video switched back to the animation, then to his face again. "But sadly you won't ever see her again. She's too...intriguing. I mean, who wouldn't want to have such a wonderfully intelligent woman as herself? You should have kept a better eye on her. Enjoy the rest of the video." He gave one last shit-eating grin then the screen fizzled and a shot of Viviana sitting in a chair was shown.

Her face was obscured by a beautiful Carnivale mask, wrists bound to the arms of the chair. She looked beaten and bruised. Blood had started to drip from below her mask. A man sat next to her, also wearing a Carnivale mask. He was a very large man in an ill-fitting suit. He was also holding a handgun.

Viviana jumped with a start when Moriarty's voice boomed on a speaker.

"I'm going to ask you a series of questions today. You are only to answer with a nod or shake of the head. Are you ready, V?"

"Don't call me V-" She was cut off by the large man shoving the gun to her temple.

"Now, now, V, we must not stray from the rules." Moriarty warned then continued. "Do you know why you're here, V?" Moriarty inquired off camera.

The gunman had removed the gun from her temple but still kept it trained on her. She answered by moving her head side to side, her body tense.

"Well, do you know why you're still here?"

"Still here?"

The man pressed the gun back to her head once again.

Moriarty sighed emphatically. "Yes. Why you haven't been rescued yet, that is."

"Rescued by whom?"

"Shut up!" The gunman shouted, standing up for emphasis, putting some weight behind the gun.

"Oh! Just let her speak! If she won't play along...And here I was thinking you were intelligent-"

"I am intelligent." She paused, cooling her tone as the gunman sat down, gun still pointing at her. "Who would want to save me?"

"I don't know. I thought you believed Sherlock or John to save you."

"Ha! They don't care about me."

"Are you sure?"

"Quite positive. The only person who ever cared about me is dead."

"Mycroft, was it?"

"No."

"No?"

Viviana did not reply.

"Hmmm, I see. Why do you think they won't find you? Why do you think they've abandoned you?" Moriarty played, his patience waning.

"I wouldn't say abandoned-"

"Oh! But they have!" Moriarty shouted, making both Viviana and the gunman jump in surprise. "They have, my Sweet! Gone! Just like Mycroft."

"He's alive!" Viviana shouted, pulling against her restraints. "He faked his death! Where do you think Sherlock got the idea?!-"

"Enough!" Moriarty's voice echoed in the now silent room. "Enough filibustering! I hope you've enjoyed this movie I've shot for you, Sherlock! Tune in next time!" He rushed and the video cut to black. Feminine screams echoed on John's speakers as the monitor sprung to life with a virus.

John had his eyes still glued to the spot where Viviana was on his now closed laptop screen. "What are we going to do Sherlock?" He blinked and looked around when there was no responce. "Sherlock?"

Sherlock was nowhere to be seen. Neither was his coat and scarf.