The First Encounter

Emma already knew.

She knew she was the only one capable enough to be able to finish the mission. She was the only one known to have come into direct contact with him. She knew she was in danger, but she needed to finish the mission. Not for herself, but for her family.

There have been peculiar murder cases occurring all over New Jersey. She was put on the case by the FBI general. She was put because of her great skills in combat and weaponry, but mostly because she's eighteen.

Being eighteen years of age can help a lot when you are trying to blend in. But not everything about it is great. She needs certain permissions and other stuff so they would let her enter the crime scenes whenever she is needed.

XXX

Emma walks up to the guard standing in front of the yellow Do not cross tape and shows him her badge. "Agent Blake. The rest are waiting for you." The brown haired male tells her and she nods, walking past the guard and towards the other FBI agents standing guard at the doors of the victim's house.

She stands in the middle of both agents and they nod, opening the door and letting her walk in. She walks through the seemingly endless hallways of the house, until she reaches a certain room.

As she walks in, she notices that, on the wall in the far back, the words What's one less person on the face of the earth, anyway? written in blood. She walks towards the other guards and agents, still looking at the wall. "That's a Ted Bundy quote..." She whispers, but loud enough so the guards hear her, and know that it's her. "Why would a murderer write a quote from a serial killer...?" She asks, but mostly to herself. "Ah yes," A man with brown hair and tan skin says. This man's name is Jason Thompson, the chief of her FBI squadron. "miss Blake. I was expecting you." He finishes and she turns towards him. "Hello, Chief Thompson. It has been a while since the last time I saw you." She says and extends her hand, shaking the Chief's hand in a greeting. "It is a pleasure to be working with you again."

"The pleasure is all mine." He says and they let go of each other's hands, turning back towards the writing on the wall.

XXX

"That doesn't make any sense!" Emma shouts, slamming her hands on the metal table in front of her, making all of the other guards around her flinch. She closes her eyes and looks down, taking a deep breath. After she has calmed down, she looks back up and her gaze falls on the black haired girl in front of her, who is not only her partner, but also her best, and only, friend. "Why would a murderer suspected of being a nineteen year old even know that?!" She snaps at the girl, Andrea, in front of her. "Jeez, E, calm down. You're gonna look like an eighty year old woman when you're only eighteen." Andrea says and leans on the table. "And besides, you knew what it was."

Emma sighs and flops back on her chair. "This is not what I suspected I would be stressing about when I started collage..." She says as she runs a hand through her hair. "A normal eighteen year old would be stressing about collage exams, or what clothes they should wear for some random party..." She mutters. "You said it yourself, Emma. A normal eighteen year old. You, my friend, are not normal. You're a fucking FBI agent! Do you know how many kids your age would do anything for a chance like that?!" Andrea says making exaggerated hand movements.

After a few seconds of silence, the sound of a phone ringing fills the room. Emma reaches into her back pocket and takes out her phone. She checks the caller ID, seeing the name Ashley Croft. She raises a brow. "Why would she be calling me...?" She whispers to herself, but loud enough for Andrea to hear. "Who?" Andrea asks, standing up and standing behind Emma, checking the caller. "Ashley? Isn't that the girl that said that when she would be seen talking to you was the day she would be seen dead?" Andrea asks, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah..." Emma mutters, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Is this Emma Blake?" An unfamiliar male voice asks, making Emma raise a brow in confusion. "She's speaking." She says, leaning forwards in her chair, making Andrea lean on her phone, trying to hear the call. "Who is this?" Emma asks, getting nervous. "My name is not something that concerns you. You just have to do as I say if you want to see your precious classmate alive." There's small pause and movement on the other line. "H-hello?" The voice of a scared female says. "Ashley?! What's going on?!" Emma asks, getting concerned for the safety of one of her classmates. "E-emma! Whatever you do, don't listen to him! Don't-" Her voice disappears as it gets replaced by the males. "What do you want?!" She exclaims, making all of the guards look at her. "You'll come to me. You'll join me." He says and Emma goes wide eyed. "Never..." She growls, making the male on the other side unhappy. "Very well." There's the sound of a gun being loaded and a yelp. "No! Wait!" Emma sighs, giving in. "I'll join you..." She finishes and Andrea gasps. "Another thing." He adds. "Come alone. I'll know if someone's with you." He says. "Emma! Don't do it!" A voice says from the other line. "Shut up, you bitch!" With that said, there's the sound of someone being hit on the head, a yelp and the man hangs up.

Emma puts the phone on the table and puts her face in her hands, sighing. "Emma... Is everything alright?" Andrea asks Emma, concerned. Emma shakes her head and sighs, standing up and walking out of the room. "Emma!" Andrea says, running towards the brown haired agent. "Emma, wait! What happened?!"

"Just leave me alone!" Emma exclaims and starts running towards the exit, oblivious to certain green eyes watching her from a distance. Those eyes belonging to a certain murderer. 

(A/N)- Hello! Hope you enjoy!

Please excuse me if you see any grammatical errors. This is my first ever original story, so please don't steal it.

Anyway, how is it so far? Please tell me in the comments! 

Love ya, my cinnamon buns!

Cinnamon-Chan logging off, peace!