1) The Lesson

I was bouncing my big, red, bouncy ball. Having the time of my life. Smelling the warm, nature air. Giggling every time I beat my last score. "1...2...3...4...5...6! I got 6!" I was so proud of my 5 year old self. I brushed back the thick brown hair from my face. With a large grin from ear to ear I tried to beat my new high score. "1...2...3" on the fourth bounce I was to excited I bounced the ball way harder than I should. The ball bounced above my head and into the woods, down the hill from my backyard. I went running after it, but right when I was about to step in the woods I felt a cold hand grip onto my wrist.

"What do you think your doing?" My mom asked.

"I was going to get my bouncy ball." I replied.

"No, you can't it's very dangerous. Do you understand Christine?"

"Yes mommy." I said. "But...but what about my bouncy ball?"

"We'll get you another one. But you have to promise me that you'll never go into the woods. Ever!"

I was starting to get worried, Mommy never got so mad at me like that. She must be serious. "I promise mommy."

***

It's been 10 years since my bouncy ball incident. I've always wondered what really was in the woods that my mom
never wanted me to go into, but every time I asked her she would never budge. I became a lot more curious about what's in the woods since that day.

"Hey honey!" My mom said "I'm going to run some errands so I'll be home in about 2 hours. Ok?"

"Ok mom. See you later."

"Love you bye." She said while pulling on her jacket. She walked out the door. I could hear the car engine start. As she was pulling out of the driveway I decided to go on the swings in the backyard. As I was swinging I couldn't help but wander my eyes towards the woods. I saw a red dot in the woods on a bush. I didn't see it before. I walked a bit closer letting curiosity get the best of me...