Prologue

All Rights Reserved © 2017

Under no circumstances is this story to be replicated, translated, and/or distributed in any way without the permission of the author.

{{Warning: Some scenes may be unsuitable for audiences below the age of 15 and offensive to those of all ages. Read at your own risk.}}

---------------------------------------------------------------

Long before I was born, shapeshifters known as the lycanthropes ascended from the mythology of mankind and became the apex of what was considered the most superior being in existence. For a short time, humans and lycans fought; they fought over who would rule the land and they fought for the preservation of their kind. The humans lost.

However, lycans were not cruel nor as monstrous as they were made out to be. They lived among humans in packs, providing us with protection in return for reverence. Humans began to see them as a form of god-like beings; worthy of being worshipped. In this way, there was peace among the packs and among the humans.

This changed over time, for greed and desire always creeps in between the cracks of peace. Humans began to get restless. Many didn't enjoy being considered the lesser being. And few began to plot, attacking the lycans where they could with weaknesses discovered over the ages. The lycans, despite their predispositions of respect and kindness for human life began to resent and attack humans in kind.

Even after the human resistance was smothered, the lycans continued to resent the humans. They considered them less than inferior beings. They considered them cattle and they began to treat them as such. They isolated human villages; no longer living among them as before. The god-like creatures became the very monsters the humans originally feared them to be and yet still demanded to be worshipped as the true leaders of our world.

This was the world I was born into.

-----------------

Music: Way Down We Go by Kaleo