ღℛ is for ℱateღ ❀KH~FF~OTHER❀ ~1~

~ℑ is for School~

The clock kept ticking and ticking. That was the only sound that was made as Lucas and I sat on the couch in front of my parents, waiting for their answer. We told them that I was accepted into a college that was more prestigious and better than the one I would be going to. Which was my dream college. So, we were waiting to hear them say something, anything, about this whole situation.

"...Red Fate Academy and College? We've never heard of this college in our lives." My dad said, as Lucas looked up at that.

"Well, yes, you see, at R.F.A.C, we are the elite of the elite. We choose our students very carefully based on things that they've done!" My mother frowned, her eyebrows creasing at this.

"But...{Name} hasn't really done any extracurricular activities, nor has she done community service, save for those hours that were required for her high school, and she didn't really go out much." Wow, thanks for selling me so high mom. Really, I'm so happy. Lucas continued to smile at them.

"Oh, but we look for something special in our candidates, something unique and special." He said, as my dad's {e/c} eyes narrowed.

"...Listen. This sounds like a huge scam to take our money. So, I'm afraid we-"

"That's just it, sir. It doesn't cost a thing. The education that your daughter receives while in our care is all completely free." He enthusiastically promoted and even that got my jaw to drop. It was all free? Well, now I was sold for sure, considering I was worried about the tuition and debts I would have.

"...I...I'm sorry, but, if it's free, how are we so sure that our daughter would receive the best education?" My mother asked, as Lucas stared for a while. He then smirked and took something out from his pants pocket. A calculator. He handed it to my mom and dad and smiled.

"Allow me to demonstrate what the academy taught me in my first year there. 20 times 30 is 600, which square roots to 24.5, approximately, dividing that number by 3 would equal 8.2, and multiply that by 500 squared equals 2,050,000, and that multiplied by 5,762 adds up to 11,812,100,000." He concluded, saying everything quickly as my parents struggled to keep up with the calculator, before they finally caught up and their eyes widened. I took it by the surprised looks that he was right. And Lucas's smirk just got slightly bigger.

"And that's just basic stuff. Don't worry, your daughter will get the best education with us. Promise!" He said with a thumbs up. My mom and dad looked at each other, having a silent conversation amongst themselves with nothing but staring. I sighed, wondering just what they were 'saying'. My dad sighed, looking at us.

"...Ultimately, the choice isn't up to us. It's up to you." He said, looking at me mainly. I blinked, wondering what to say. I looked at the two of them, at Lucas, and finally, the floor. Just what was I supposed to say to something like this...? ...Then again, Lucas said this was his way of making it up to me...so...that must mean that he pulled strings to get me here.

"...I...I think that I wanna go..." I said quietly, still looking at the ground.

"...But what about the college you said you'd attend? You made reservations with that school, a promise." I frowned even deeper.

"I know, I know...but...I just...wanna go, okay...?" I said, just wanting to get out of here already. My parents and I...I loved them...but sometimes they could just be of no help and other times make the situation worse.

"...Well, alright then. Go." My dad said, which made me shocked.

"Thank you, sir. And, don't worry, we assure you that she'll be able to call you and go home for vacations!" Lucas told him in a cheery tone, as he grunted in response. I got up, walking towards my room to grab my things I had ready for my other college. Though I suppose now I was getting ready for this college. Lucas walked in and grabbed some things for me.

"Here. Let me help you out." He said, smiling. I nodded, sighing.

"I wonder why he agreed so easily...did you do anything?" I asked, as he shook his head.

"...I think he just agreed because he trusts you. It's a hard thing, letting go of a family member, especially one so important and one a father considers so fragile like a daughter. So...I think that he just wanted to make it easier on himself. ...Then again, I'm not exactly the best judge in the 'best-parents-know-what's-best' category." He said, as I hummed as his suggestion. When we made it out of my room, Lucas smiled.

"I'll take her there. If you wanna check on her, or if you want to call anyone about her, you can have my card." He said, taking one from his back pocket and handing it to them. They looked it over, and nodded.

"And why can't we take her?" My mom asked, which was understandable. Lucas smiled.

"Well, you see, the school is pretty secretive. And we don't like many people on our campus, parents included unfortunately. But, don't worry, we do have a day where parents are allowed to go on campus and check things out! Here, I also have a brochure for it, too, so you can look at the date and the school she's going to." He said, taking another thing out of his front pocket this time, giving it to them as they looked at it, then unfolded it to see a bunch of stuff. They kept reviewing, then then looked at each other, then at us.

"...Alright...but if I hear that anything happened to her-"

"She'll be safe, I promise." He said, holding up his hands. They looked in the back.

"It's a number for the school." He nodded.

"You can call it if you'd like." He told them, handing them a cellphone. My dad was the one to hesitantly take it, and he dialed the number. There was silence, before there was an answer.

"Yes, I just wanted to ask about your college, Red Fate Academy?" He questioned, as the person on the phone talked. His eyes widened.

"H-how did you know she was-" He was apparently interrupted as he stopped, hearing their explanation. He nodded, nodded again, and finally nodded again.

"Alright ma'am...thank you very much." He said, before hanging up and handing the phone to Lucas.

"...I'm convinced. You may go." He said with an affirmative nod. Lucas smiled brightly.

"She'll be there safely, and I'll make sure of it, sir! Ma'am!" He said, before looking at me.

"...It's time to say your goodbyes. ...You know, until we get there and you can call them again." I looked at my mom and dad. I could tell they were teary-eyed. I smiled, waving bye, then sighing and walking over to hug them.

"I'll miss you two..." They hugged me back, as I let go, waving bye.

"I'll try to call whenever I can. And I'll also come for vacation!" She said, the both of them nodding and waving goodbye. As soon as the door shut, Lucas sighed.

"Telling the parents is always the hard part..." He said, as I raised a brow.

"Oh, no, all of what I said was the truth. It's just hard remembering the problem they told us to memorize when they question it...! Plus, it's a little nervewracking, knowing they trust me with their kid...!" He said with a laugh, as my eyes widened.

"Y...You mean I don't-"

"Hell no, you're good. Don't worry. When we get there, someone will give you the grand tour and explain everything. I can't because I, unfortunately, have work to do for our ever so sweet principal, the short little lady that just loves giving me a hard time." He said, sighing and shaking his head. He looked at me and smiled.

"You're going to meet her when we get there. No worries about that. You'll get assigned a dorm, which your tour guide will show you first so you can drop your stuff off." He explained, as I nodded, Lucas smiled.

"Okay, so. You ready?" I nodded.

"Yes. Let's go."

~

Kyo-chan's Corner of Doom: So, guys...SORRY FOR THE FILLER. I'M SO SORRY, I'M JUST NOT GETTING ANY IDEAS, I AM SO VERY VERY VERY SORRY. I really am sorry, as I've said before...it's just that I'm caught in a major writer's block, and I just wanted to get this chapter out. I know I've been writing drabbles, but that's all I CAN write at the moment, it seems. It's awful. I'm very very sorry...please forgive me... I still hope you enjoyed this chapter, regardless...thank you for your patience with me...!