chapter 5 new school

This is a school?” April cried, staring up at the large castle like structure. She was irritated and the sun wasn’t helping her at all. Her eyes burned even though she wore sunglasses that were nearly blacked out and her skin felt like it had been placed above a stove fire. “Are you kidding me?”

“You’re right. I much preferred the mansion.” Matilda answered, giving the chauffeur strict orders to deliver their bags to their sweet and then spending the rest of the day in the parking lot.

“That’s not exactly what I meant.” April muttered, following after Matilda. “How exactly do we know which girl is Katarina?”

“Well I’m sure it’s most likely to be the girl holding the sign that reads April Constantine and tutor.” Matilda laughed, pointing behind her. April looked, locking eyes with a beautiful red head with forest green eyes and milky skin. The girl waved.

“She’s really pretty.” April whispered, feeling a pain deep in her stomach and a burning in her head. The girl approached, dragging the sign behind her on the floor, waving at us.

“You must be April Constantine and plus one.” She said, running her fingers thru her red curls. “Your father called me, said your hair was a major firecracker.”

“My hair?” April looked around, noticing with another pain in her belly that her coal black hair with a red tint, which was completely natural, didn’t seem to blend in with anybody else’s. “Oh.” She tugged at one of her braids, trying to tug it all off and hide it.

“Don’t be self conscious. At least yours isn’t tomato red.” She comforted. As April got a better look at this girl, she sank deeper and deeper into despair. The girl wore ripped black shorts with purple suspenders and a white button up shirt cut to fall just above her navel. Her legs were clad in fishnets and leather boots that went just below the knees. She wore a paper clip necklace and a hundred beaded bracelets, while April had worn a baby blue turtle neck and flowing black shirt that pooled just above the ankles.

“Kitty, we got the…” A girl called, rushing toward Katarina, pausing when she saw April. “Who’s this?”

“Hey Leslie, meet April, she’s my dad’s associates daughter,” She said hugging the girl, “April this is my friend Leslie.” April held out her hand, shocked when the girl disregarded it, pulling her into a hug.

“Nice to meet you.” April squeaked, reluctantly hugging her back. This girl, Leslie, was dressed similarly to Katarina, substituting the fishnets, boots and suspenders for ripped stockings, heels and a fancy neon green corset.

“Likewise,” She laughed turning to Katarina, “She is going to change before we hit the rave right?”

“Rave?” Matilda shrieked, frowning to herself.

“Hitting who?” April asked, completely lost.

“nothing. Its just slang for ‘go to’.” Katarina explained. “And yeah she’s going to change.”

“I’m still confused.” April muttered to herself, but no one seemed to be paying attention. Katarina was giving Matilda directions to the suite and Leslie was poking and prodding at Katarina’s outfit, fixing it in some places and messing it up in others. As Matilda walked off, reluctantly, Katarina turned to April, a devilish smile on her face.

“Now that we got your guardian out of the way,” She laughed, finally swatting Leslies hands away, “we can get to corrupting you.”

“Excuse me?” April asked. I knew it, she thought, I have no idea how to act.

“My dad told me about you. Told me that if a single scratch came to you it’d be my head.” She gave a choked laugh, digging in Leslie’s purse and pulling out a cigarette, lighting it with the lighter dangling from her hip. “It seems I don’t take orders very well. Anyway, its my job to make sure you don’t get chewed and swallowed around here, but that doesn’t mean I’ll start dressing like a Jehovah’s witness and join the mathletes. Tonight we’re going to a rave and they won’t let you in dressed like that?”

“All my clothes are like this.” April defended, angry at the girl who now seemed completely rude. Katarina made a slow circle around her, brushing along her hips and shoulders every now and again.

And then she flipped the switch, smiling sweetly again. “Don’t worry, You’re about Leslies size and she’ll let you borrow something.” April turned to Leslie, watching as the girl smiled, giving her the thumbs up. “Let’s just go get you changed and then we can work on your thick headedness.”

Before April could respond both her hands were captured and she was pulled along after her two new ‘friends’.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asherson sat on his dorm rooms couch, fuming. “Dude, are you alright?” Morgana asked, sliding into his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Yeah, it’s just, what do you think of an arranged marriage?” he blurted out.

“With you,” She said mulling it over, “any time.”

“That’s not what I meant.” He sighed. “if you found out you were arranged to be married to someone you barely knew, how would you feel?”

“Are you serious?” She laughed, stopping when he didn’t crack a smile. Morgana detached from his neck, letting her head fall back to rest on the arm rest and her body drape across him. “I’d be pissed of course. An arranged marriage? That shit’s medieval. I’d hate my parents, the guy I’d be chained to and I’d never let anyone forget it,” she paused again as his face twisted into a pained expression, “but that’s just me.”

“good save.” He replied sarcastically.

“I know right?” She pulled herself up again to stare into his eyes. “What’s wrong Asher?”

“Nothing my beautiful girlfriend couldn’t fix.” He breathed, wrapping his arms around her waist and bringing his face centimeters from hers.

“I wonder where she could be?” She joked, inching closer.

“When you see her, can you tell me?” He asked playing along. “I don’t think she’d approve of this sexy girl sitting in my lap.”

“I’m sure she’d be fine with it.” She chuckled, finally giving and pulling him in for a kiss. Asherson tried to drown himself in thoughts of Morgana, making all thoughts of the arranged bull shit float away. He had fun with her, she was down for all the crap that came with dating a Drake, but he couldn’t help it. He didn’t love Morgana and she knew it. Yet she never said anything, never gave up hope that he’d fall for her soon.

He pulled away, looking at the beautiful girl staring at him. “Morgana…”

“You’re breaking up with me aren’t you?” She asked, giving him a sad smile. “Because you have an arranged marriage.”

“Yeah.” He whispered, lacing his fingers through hers.

“That sucks ass.” She sighed, falling back again, staring at their intertwined hands. “Why do you have to be such a good guy when you could just two time us both? I don’t understand your brain ass hole. Why can’t you just be a dick and make this easier? Wait, You’re still my date to the rave right?” He looked at her, eyes hidden behind layers of mascara and eyeliner, lips covered in red lipstick and spider bites right beneath her lip. She was so down to earth and she had loved him. She was perfect, she would have probably been the one he would have picked for marriage, but never once since the moment he met her, did he ever love her.

“Would I leave you hanging?” He asked, faking hurt.

“I don’t know, “she said searching his eyes, “would you?” He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it, unsure of how to respond. “I was just kidding.” She whispered, covering for him. He looked down, but he wasn’t kidding.