II

Kai P.O.V
My name was Kai Zuki. I was 23 years old and full Japanese. I was currently visiting my father for the first time in prison.

"Son, long time no see." Mr Zuki said as he sat behind a glass window holding the telephone near his ear.

"It's been 14 years." I glared at my father's eyes. I hated him. Why did I hate my dad? Well, it was because of two things. I had his atrocious blood in me and...he killed my mum. That was the crime that placed him behind bars for life.

"I'm proud of you." Mr Zuki smiled at him. I clenched my fists.

"For what?"

"For finally following in my footsteps."  

"What do you mean?"

"C'mon son. Don't think I don't know what you're doing these days. I like your signature."

I clenched my teeth. "I'm not like you."

"You say that but you're you-know-what." He winked at me.

"I will never become like you." A soon as I said that, my dad laughed.

"Then why the heart? Did some girl dump you?"

I banged my fist on the table. My eyes were in fury. "I will never kill the person I love."

"I loved your mom, you know?"

"Then why did you kill her? If you loved her, you wouldn't do such a thing."

"Because I loved her I did that." I never understood why my father had to kill so many people, including my mom. Back then, I could tell that my dad passionately loved my mum. But why kill her?

"Want me to tell you why?"

I gulped. Ever since he went to jail when I was 9 years old, I have been preparing myself for the day that he would tell me the reason behind my mother's death.

"She was going to surrender herself to the police. She didn't want you to know that we were serial killers. She wanted to confess her sins and raised you anew. But I didn't accept that. She was going to leave me alone. She was going to go to a place in where I couldn't reach her, touch her, kiss her...and it was all because of you. You made me kill her. YOU!"

"YOU CRAZY!" I stood up with anger. "You killed her with your own hands. You were the one that made that call. It was your fault not mine! Don't you dare blame it on me!"

"If she's going to spend the rest of her life in a place where I can't be with her, then it's better that I end her life while she's still in my arms."

"I don't understand you. I don't understand you at all. You're insane. Insane I tell you!"

My dad laughed. "Son, you will be like me. In the end, you will kill the person you love. You will kill her because you want her all to yourself."

"I pity you." I leaned my face close to the glass. "I won't kill her. I will never do that. Because if I did, I won't be able to see her anymore because she'll be dead." I slammed the phone back to its place and left the room. I didn't realized that tears began to show on my father's face. I knew he regretted it. He shouldn't have killed my mum.

I returned to my flat. There's a room that's always locked. No one has been inside that room except for me. Why is that you might ask? It's a secret room. I don't want anyone to find out what's inside that room, especially her. I went inside and turned the lights on. I looked at the whiteboard that was on the wall. There were images of people surrounding a girl in the middle. That girl was her – Mai.

Mai, Mai, Mai...you're the love of my life. I owed my life to you. I still remembered the day you lied to me. That was cunning of you. I laughed at myself after that. You changed me. I did whatever I could to find out where you were. Though I didn't get the information I wanted, I found out that there were people going after you. Mai, did you know that before I met you, I promised myself to never be like my parents? Even if my dad were to order me to kill someone, I would never do it. However, I fell so hard for you.

Those people that are chasing you, I will kill all of them. And when I'm done, I'm going after you Mai. I won't let you have a reason to leave me ever again. Suddenly, I realized that I was staring at her picture for a while now.

I kissed my bandaged left wrist. What was it bandaged you might ask? There were various cuts on it. Yes, I wanted to commit suicide from time to time. I felt that this life had no meaning. Both my parents were killers and I didn't want to become like them. When I met Mai, I stopped my suicidal thoughts. But when she left, I began again.

To me, pain was the only thing that could keep me sane. I didn't know how many times I have wanted to go on a killing spree. I wanted to end my list so that I could quickly meet Mai. I still didn't know where she was, but I had a feeling that if I kept killing, her location would eventually turned up.

A psycho? Me? Hahahahahaha. I wanted to meet Mai. I wanted to meet her so much. When she saved me from falling off the bridge, she scolded me so much. She saw the cuts on my wrists and bandaged them. Yes, the very bandage that's on my wrist now was from her.

I turned on the tv and my crime was being reported. I poured a bottle of red wine in a clear glass and drank it satisfyingly. Just a few more people to kill. Just a few more targets. I could feel myself catching up to Mai.

"Enjoy your freedom now because when I catch you, this chasing game is over."