Prologue

Kai P.O.V
You called me a 'psycho'. Do you even know what that word means? It was short for pschyopath - 1. a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour 2. an unstable and aggressive person 3. someone who lacks the ability to love. 

I admitted that I'm unstable, but I ain't mental. I also didn't lack a loving heart, especially when it came to you.

You asked me 'what is love?' I replied, " A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person." You asked me why I fell in love with you. I replied, "I don't know. I just did." You told me that I'll get over you over time and that the love I had for you will disappear. I replied with certainty, "For you, my heart will never die." 

I thought I was fine just watching you from afar. I thought that if I get to see you, I'll be satisfied. I thought it was fine even if you didn't love me back. I thought I could supress my growing desire to monopolize you. I thought...that you were never going anywhere. But you did. 

YOU LEFT ME! YOU RAN AWAY FROM ME! WHY? WAS IT BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT I WAS A PSYCHO? WAS IT BECAUSE A MAN WHOSE PARENTS WERE SERIAL KILLERS HAD FALLEN IN LOVE WITH YOU? WHY? WHY? WHY?

I took a deep breath. My heart was beating fast and my hands were shaking. A gun, which was in my right hand, fell on the ground. There were 6 bullets in my victim. Straight shots to his heart. You might think why the heart? It's a simple reason. It's a message for you. 

Wherever you are, I'll find you. You can hide from me, but you can never escape me. The murders that I've committed will be everywhere on the news and there's no way you won't know what's happening. The police might not know who the killer is, but I know you do. After I kill the people that made you run away, I will come after you. YOU'RE NEXT!

Was I a psycho? I would like to think I'm not. I was just a passionate man tracking down the woman I love. Could you blame me? You had no right to. You made me a killer. A psycho killer. But I don't hate you. I could never hate you. You want to play cat and mouse? Fine by me. I'll play and I'll WIN.

...

Mai P.O.V
You fool! Why must you do this? Why must you torture me? I don't want your love. I don't need it. You think I'm running away from you? Hahahaha...maybe I am. I have a past that I don't want anyone to know about. I chose to hide to survive. Shivers ran down my spine as I heard about the killings on the news. I didn't think you had the audacity to do such things. You're a psycho, you know that right?

I wasn't scared of you. Come and find me, but you'll never will. You're only putting yourself in harm's way. I pitied you. I didn't love you at all. I just...didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. That was part of the reason why I left without saying a word to you. I never thought you would chase me. I guess I underestimated your so called 'feelings' for me. 

Should I be thanking you for killing the people that are trying to kill me? Do you even know who they were before you killed them? I don't want to think anymore. You committed such a foolish deed. You'll go to prison if they catch you. Were you alright with that?

I was sitting against the wall with the tv in front of me. I was so tired. Tired of it all. "Kai, you're a psycho."