Caught His Eye

It's morning. I walk with everyone else into the school as usual. I look around to see all the Martial Arts club members, just to make sure they all have their bands on. As I look around, I stumble upon a girl. She's all the way in the back of the group of students. I started to wonder why.

 Maybe it was because she didn't really like to be around crowds? I watched as her ponytail sway as she walked. I smiled. But as I was walking, I didn't see a wall that was in front of me. I walked right into it. It hit my cheek. Some students laughed at me.

 "Budo, are you okay..?" Asked a girl named Yuna Hina.

 "I'm fine.." I nodded, and held my hand up.

 Well that was embarrassing. Especially in front of everyone. I went to my locker, bent down to change my shoes. Once I was done, I headed straight for the Martial Arts club room. No one was there yet once I got there. So I did a bit of practicing. I made noises as I did, because usually no students other than club members come by. Until now.

 I heard footsteps, but it was too late. She ran in while I had my leg up to my elbow. I dropped it down immediately as she came in. I held my hands behind my back.

 "I'm here to join the club." She said. She said it so flatly. Like she didn't just see me misplace my leg just now. I wish she hadn't.

 "Oh..really?" I asked, a bit surprised and embarrassed at the same time. She nodded. She had no expression on her face, like I was nothing. But, I managed to blush a bit. I don't no why.

 "Uh..sure! Activities are at 5:00 pm. You have now joined the club.." I said, confidently. She stared at me a bit more.

 She's kinda cute.. I thought.

 She did one nod, and left the room. I let out a big breath when she did. I held my hand on my chest, and my eyebrows arched. A few minutes later, or seconds, Taro (Senpai) walked in. "Hey Budo!" He waved excitingly.

 "Whoa, what happened to you, it looked like you've seen a ghost.." He asked.

 "Oh, nothing.." I shrugged, catching my breath.

 "No, seriously what is it?"

 "Nothing.."

 "Budo.."

 "Taro.."

 We stared at each other.