Chapter 3

Rachael above⬆️ (if you don't like how she looks, no one's stopping you from imagining her as someone else🙂)

Nat's POV

"So where do you want to go today, Nat?" Elena asked me, before taking out the eggs and a pan.

As for Jackson, he hasn't bothered me in a week or so. It's weird because I kind of have an empty feeling in my stomach when he's not here to tease and annoy me.

"Let's go to the mall later. I could really use some new jeans." I looked at her and she just nods and continues cooking.

I plop on to the couch to check my phone, and find that I have a new text message from an unknown number.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I don't remember giving anyone my phone number. I read over the text message and a small gasp left my mouth.

"What? What happened?" Elena rushed out of the kitchen, behind the couch to look over my shoulder.

While looking at the text, I felt myself rolling my eyes. I seem to be having that problem lately. Hm, I wonder why? Especially when it comes to Jackson.

Unknown ~ Hey, beautiful.

Sigh. I know that text from anywhere. Jackson.

Not even a moment later, I hear Elena squealing like a little girl on her birthday. I turn towards her.

"Elena, can you not squeal in my ear like a screeching banshee? It's just an annoying asshole who won't leave me the hell alone!" I would've expected a glare from her, but instead I receive a dubious looking smirk from the corners of her mouth.

I shake my head, and return back to the texts.

Me ~ What do you want, and how did you get my number?

Suddenly, I feel mixed combinations of vibration from my phone and the sound of my regular default ringtone.

"Do it! Answer it!" Elena bellowed.

"No. Way." I was about to press the 'decline call' button without a care in the world, but my perky best friend behind me decided to snatch my phone from my hands to answer the call. Remind me why I'm friends with her?

"Elena! Give me back--!" Before I could finish, she put her free hand in my face. I groaned in defeat. I started up the stairs to Elena's bedroom.

I sat on her bed with my face in my hands. Suddenly, Elena walks through the door. I look up to see a smile spread across her face like she just won a marathon.

Standing in front of me, she says, "Someone wants to talk to you." I started mouthing a 'no' with wide eyes. Elena ignores me and shoves the phone to my ear, making me hold it. I glare at her, while she plasters a smirk on her face. Before walking out the door, she whispers to me. "Natalia, I don't know why you don't like him cause if I could, I would tap that ass real quick." She whispered that in a seductive voice, the smirk still visible.

Immediately, my face turns red with embarrassment. I flip her off while giving her a sarcastic smile. She laughs teasingly, before walking out.