Chapter 25

The world must have stopped. Everything. The chirping from the birds, every sound from the wind, the leaves from the trees, they were all frozen in time. Silenced. Or maybe I had just tuned them out.

I watched ahead at the figure. His red robe covered his face and he stood so still. Like a statue. I could only manage to breath though---Nothing else.I didnt try and run. Or scream.

"Do not be afraid, my dear." His soft voice escaped beneath the crinsom robe and it traveled lightly to my ears. A melody of the most tranquile voice.

I didnt reply. I just tried to explain it to my brain that I would die again. It was better this time though. I accepted this death. I would be known as the girl who died trying to save her own life. She was brave, theyll say. She was bold afterall.

He walked towards me slowly. I didnt have it in me to face him- face to face, i mean. So I fell to the forrest ground, and I layed on my knees. Yes, It felt much weaker this way. That was the predicament afterall. I was defeated. I had done my part now, if this was destiny..than let it be.

I watched from below as his face hid behind the dark shadows of the robe. He extended his hand to me. They were soft and cold. Strong like they all were.

"You are so beautiful for a mortal. " He was sensual, they all were. So seductive that it was unfair.He carressed my cheek. The coldness sent shivers down my spine.

"I promise it will be painless." He said. I was sure he would kill me quick. There voices could make you believe anything. I almost did believe it. Everything that Caleb said---that I was never going to die.

" You promised I would never die, Caleb."

It happened in a second. I must have died. Really, this must be how it happens. Luckily, there was no pain, I mentally smiled in gratitude.

The ground began to tremble, perhaps my soul fighting its way out of my body. I heard loud noises, crashes. Was I going to hell ? I couldent see.

And than I heard a vivid scream. I instinctivly gasped----and I realized I wasent dead. Simply that my eyes were closed at the moment. So I jolted them wide.

"Caleb! " I screamed in shock.

He ran lightspeed against the man with the red robe. The man pushed back flinging him across into a tree. The tree bark crushed ever so slightly and I gasped horrified.

He came across the man again- whose robe would not fall off. And punched him countlessly on his chest. The man swung across into the floor, for just a second, and than jumped into a tree branch. Caleb ran after him and slammed him once again onto the ground chocking him.

I was going to scream, to run, to atleast stand up. And just as my knees were bent straight, I flung off the ground. I shot a paniked glance to see why my feet were not touching the ground, but the hands on my neck answered that.

" Caleb ! "I screamed again.

His hands were still postured perfectly on the mans neck---choking him. The man did not fight back, instead he held on to his robe's hood as to protect his face--or identity. Caleb glanced at me slightly, as to see why I had been screaming. Than he froze. We all did.