ღℛ is for ℱateღ ❀KH~FF~OTHER❀

~ℋ is for ℬroken~

Tonight was my birthday. And tonight was the night of my party. A ball, I decided to have, mainly because I thought it'd be fun. And...even if they were with someone else...it would also be my last night for the both of us to hang out. The person I'm talking about is my crush, and my best friend. I told them about my one-sided crush, despite them being in a relationship. And, after that, we still remained friends. So, even though I knew that they'd bring their girlfriend, I was in no position to talk with them. Even though it was my night, I decided that instead it would be everyone's night. Plus, I would be off to college soon enough. I was 19 now, and had more than enough money now to go. So, even if it was bittersweet...it'd be nice to see them and hang out with them one last time. Just one more time.

~

I was hanging out with everyone, laughing with them. Yeah, this was how it should be. All of us smiling, telling snarky jokes but knowing that we'd never actually hurt each other, and also just laughing. It was the most fun I've had in a long while.

"Hello, miss {Name}, I presume?" I heard a voice that sounded light and smooth, not a single rasp, and was in a comforting kind of tone. I turned, seeing a man there in a prince's uniform, one that looked exactly like the one from Cinderella. Though, I suppose I shouldn't be too shocked, since this was also a cosplay ball. The man himself, though, looked nothing like him. His hair was a dark caramel to his shoulders, pointing out at the end and sometimes in the midsection. His bangs were choppy and messy, though didn't really touch his eyes much. His eyes were a kind of dark blue, but still had a kind of...brightness to them, and his skin was tanned and a gentle smile was placed on his handsome face.

"I apologize for the intrusion with your equally lovely friends...but, I would very much like to request a dance with you." He said, that same gentle smile getting slightly bigger, and even seeming apologetic. I wanted to decline his offer. I wanted to spend more time with my friends, with...them. But, when I looked, I saw the gentle smile, different from the usual big and 'always-happy-to-be-here' smile.

"Go! It's your birthday! Besides..." They leaned in close and my heart almost stopped, and I was terrified. No, please don't do that...

"He seems nice and cute. You should go!" I paused, wondering what I should do. I looked at them as they retracted, seeing that smile, that sweet smile, again. I looked at the guy, who hadn't moved an inch since I was urged to dance. He was still bowing and still held his hand out. I was hesitant, then finally gave up, nodding as I got up, not accepting the hand. It wasn't anything personal...I just didn't really like people touching me, especially strangers. He didn't seem put off by it, just continued to have that gentle smile on his face. We started to dance, and it was really surprising that he danced like a professional, dancing like an actual ballroom dancer. He held me gently, and it was as if he was trying not to scare me off. He smiled down at me and started talking.

"Miss {Name}? I understand that today is your special today. Your 19th birthday. Well, allow me to wish you a very happy birthday. I hope that your wish comes true." He said with a positive and reassuring smile, as I just felt like breaking down at it. My wish? I just wished to never love again. It was dramatic, but, I hadn't asked to fall in love. And it was a terrible feeling anyway. I waited years to tell, only to find it too late. So, really, I just never wanted to fall in love again. The man's smile disappeared as he sighed, looking away momentarily. He then laid his eyes back on me, his face looking like he had pity for me. I felt like kicking him there. I don't want to be pitied.

"Well, actually...that wish of yours is why I'm here." He said, as my eyes widened. What the hell...?

"You see...I didn't ask for you to dance with me for pleasantries. I asked you to dance for serious business." He said, as I just wondered what this meant. What was this, some kind of anime? Maybe even a fanfiction, I dunno, but, something was definitely up with this guy. He looked over somewhere and smiled sadly.