#14 Elders ✔

Jane's POV

I looked at my fake mark one last time on the mirror, still amazed by Layla's talent. Right between my neck and shoulder, there was a soft drawing of a bite, making my flesh look pink and swollen, but also healed and not fresh.

"Did you draw this to make your mate jealous? No wonder he believed it. This looks so real." I whispered.

She huffed, "Yeah, he's a Doofus, he believes everything." She rolled her eyes.

I giggled, "But you can't help be attracted to him."

Layla wore a sly grin, "well, he is a sexy Doofus."

Evangeline was standing on the balcony of our room. I thought it was a big protection fence for the window. Oh well.. She was waiting for Hades's arrival.

I helped Layla put the makeup back in the bag and walked to Evangeline, I stood next to her, staring at the grey clouds, "Winter is taking its time, don't you think?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yeah, but it will appear in full swing, our heat will give us no mercy." She shivered in fear.

I chuckled, checking her neck, I saw the beautiful bite on her neck and smiled softly, "How was it?"

She looked at me confusedly, "Hm?"

"The mark, how did it feel?"

She let out a laugh, "A pain in the ass, don't be tempted by the rumors, they tricked me and I fell for it. There's no pleasure, just pain."

I cringed, "Really?"

She stared at me blankly, then let out a soft laugh, "Nah, just messin with ya." She smiled, "It felt good, like sparks, but it came from the heart." She placed a hand on her heart.

I bit my lip, knowing I wouldn't feel that anytime soon, I can barely touch him, let alone make him mark me.

"It took time though," she continued.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "The marking part?"

She shook her head, "No. Wanting the mark."

My eyes widened, "What? How could you not want your mate to mark you?"

"Because he marked me without my acceptance."

I gasped, "Is that even possible?!"

She chuckled, "Yeah, but it doesn't feel good afterwards, you just feel restricted, attached to him, like there's ropes tied to your wrist and you can't escape."

"Why would he do that?"

I cannot imagine Beta Ezra doing such thing!

She smirked, "I was a stubborn ass, still am. I disagreed with everything he said or demanded, I pushed his buttons, next thing I know he was biting my damn neck."

I pursed my lips, "It's not good to be stubborn. I know how it feels to deal with that."

She scoffed, "He wanted me to be submissive! No way in hell am I going to bow down for him! He is supposed to be my equal, not my dad." She crossed her arms.

I nodded in agreement, maybe I could learn from her..

"So was it a slow process? Accepting the mark?" I asked curiously.

"Pfft nope, I do feel pathetic knowing how easily I surrendered, but I didn't make it easy from him in the short amount of time. That, is what I'm still proud of." She tilted her chin up proudly.

"Do you love him?"

She glanced at me confusedly, her eyes studying for a second, "Yes, I do love him," she chuckled, "What type of question is that?"