Sorry

Shizuo pov ( fucking finally 😂)

I looked at my son who stared at me with curious eyes as I sat down in the chair next to the bed. "Hey buddy how are you doing?" I asked.

He looked at me and opened and closed his mouth uncertainly.

"I've been better" he finally mumbled. I nodded my head, then we fell back into silence again. I felt like I had to say something but I couldn't think of anything to say.

"When are daddy and mommy getting back together?"He suddenly asked, My eyes widened at his question. How do I even answer? We weren't together in the first place and he is my enemy who I hate, who I want to kill, who rid me of so much, I felt a sudden pang of sadness at this thought.

" I don't know, it's complicated " I sighed.

Psyche nodded his head and turned his head to look out the window, I could see the gears in his mind turning, trying to figure out how he could get us back together.

Just as I look away, Psyche calls my attention back towards him, "Hey dad?"

I look over at him, "yeah?" I say back

"When I'm feeling better, Can you take me and Delic to the carnival with Mommy?" he asked with his eye shining with excitement.

I laughed nervously, "We'll see, okay buddy?" I say ruffling his hair. He giggled, laughing at the sensation.

After a while, Psyche starts to nod off , I silently get off my seat and walk towards the door.

Before I can even turn the knob I heard a soft voice from across the room, "Hey daddy? Can you sing a song for me?" he whispers, looking at me with a pair of irresistible puppy dog eyes that probably got Izaya to cave in as well. "please?" he begged, voice full of longing for a song to help drift him drift off into peaceful slumber.

I scratch the back of my head and look around the room trying not to look in his puppy dog eyes because if I do I might fall in his trap . I felt his eyes bore Holes in my head . I sighed and sat down back again in the sit next to the bed.

" I'm not that good at singing so-"

" that's okay just sing for me please " he said again

I sighed and look in my brain for a song to sing then one popped in my head .

" my mom use to sing this to me when I was feeling lonely ." I said to him

I closed my eyes and let the lyrics flowed out my mouth like water being poured out from a jar.

"You're alone, you're on your own, so what?
Have you gone blind?
Have you forgotten what you have and what is yours?
Glass half empty, glass half full
Well either way you won't be going thirsty
Count your blessings not your flaws

You've got it all
You lost your mind in the sound
There's so much more
You can reclaim your crown
You're in control
Rid of the monsters inside your head
Put all your faults to bed
You can be king again

You don't get what all this is about
You're too wrapped up in your self doubt
You've got that young blood, set it free