A Ball

QOTC Answer: Percy, Persassy, Perseus, however you want to say it.

Jason POV:

"Jason."

"Huh?" I turned and saw Percy.

"Dude, the ball is in 3 days. I know you're going with Piper, but have you officially asked her yet?"

"Agh! I knew I forgot something! Ah, man, Piper's gonna kill me!" I shot out of my chair.

"Oh Styx, man. You're dead." Percy laughed.

I started towards her dorm.

"Dude! Where ya going?" Percy asked.

"To ask Pipes to the dance."

I climbed up some stairs, and heard snickering. I turned around. "What?" I asked the guys.

"Nothing. Go on up, bro." Leo laughed.

I shrugged and climbed up the rest. As soon as I stepped on the last stair, the steps turned into a stone slide and I slid down, slamming my chin and nose into the stone.

Laughter erupted behind me as I pushed myself up off the floor, groaning and holding my nose.

"Ah, man." I took my hand off my sideways nose. Yes, sideways.

"Aw, dude. Your nose broke." Percy guffawed.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious. Where's the ambrosia?" I grumbled.

Leo pulled some out of his pocket and handed it to me. As I chewed, Piper and Annabeth slid down the stair/ slide thing.

"Which guy tried to come in our dorm?" Piper asked.

"Me. I had to ask you something." I faced her.

"First, why do you have blood on your nose?"

"Uh, stone plus nose equals broken nose?"

She laughed. "So what'd you wanna ask me, Sparky?"

"Uh, I know we're together, but... you know what? Follow me. I want to get away from these bozos." I jabbed my thumb behind me at the other guys.

"Um...okay."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her through the painting hole.

Soon we found an abandoned classroom. "Jason Grace! Why are we here? Oh my gods, you aren't gonna break up with me, are you?"

I kissed her. "No breakups, remember?"

She smiled. "Yeah. So what did you want to ask me?"

"Want to go to the ball with me?"

She punched me in the arm. "Yes! How could you doubt that I would say yes?"

I rubbed my left bicep, though it didn't hurt that much. Did hurt though, she's strong. "I'm a Sparky. I worry about my Beauty Queen."

"Aw! That doesn't answer my question, but aw!"

I smiled and took her hands in my own, resting my forehead on hers. "I doubted because you deserve better than me."

"No, no I don't."

"Hey, lovebirds. Dinnertime." Leo stuck his head into the classroom.

We followed him to dinner. I could get used to this food.

-Time for the ball-

I pulled at the tie that came with my tux. "Do I have to wear this? Gods, I feel like I'm being choked."

Percy tugged at his as well. "It's itchy!"

I let go of the tie and stalked off. "C'mon Perce. We gotta find our dates."

We found them in the common room. We averted our eyes, not knowing if they wanted us to see them in their dresses yet. "Do you guys want us to meet you down there, or..." I asked.

"No, we'll come with you." Piper replied.

"Okay." My eyes were still averted.

"You can look Sparky."

I looked up and gasped. She was wearing a purple dress with a lightning bolt necklace.

"You look... Wow." I said.

She laughed.

"You look wow too Sparky."

I glanced down at my tux. It was black, with a purple tie. "I look like some guy in a tux."

She rolled her eyes and laughed. I laughed too. We headed down to the Great Hall for the ball.

A lot of people were there by the time we got there.

I turned to Piper and asked, "May I have this dance?" real proper like, trying to make her laugh.

She laughed and nodded. "You may, Monsieur Grace."

I chuckled and we danced. It was nice, until Percy ran into me. But I wasn't mad. In fact, we were all tired of dancing, especially the girls. We left the dance, soon followed by Frank and Hazel. Leo hadn't gone. We all met by the Forbidden Forest, where we had set up dummies to train. I loosened my tie and flung off my jacket, ready to fight. Percy acted like it was his wedding, and he had to fight. He loosened his tie and charged. We all followed suit.

Tonight was a good night.

-------------

Sorry it was kinda short I wanted to get it published... Oh well! You forgive me... right? Hehehehehe.

OH MY FINNICK

Nothing. I just wanted to say that.

WHEN JASON SAID "I look like some guy in a tux." IT IS A REFERENCE TO AN AMAZING COUNTRY SONG BY BRAD PAISLEY BRAD SAYS "You looked like the cover of Brides Magazine, and I looked like some guy in a tux." FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT THE SONG TITLE GETS A DEDICATION!!!!!!