Paradox (A Teen Wolf Fanfiction)

Author's note: This is my new fanfiction I am writing. I've recently fell in love with Teen Wolf and had to write a story about it. So this is just the 'prologue' really. The first chapter I hope will be up soon. In the mean time you guys could check out my Harry Styles fanfic if you wanted to! Anyways so here ya go, hope you like it :D And this is dedicated to 'lightningandthunder' for making this amazing cover!

<><><><><><><><><>

Prologue

Death seems overrated. Most people don't know anything about it. Some people do. I guess that's just how this crazy place we call earth works.

I know a lot about death. It scared me, but I'm used to it now.

I know what its like to sit back and watch a loved one slip away before your eyes, to feel that you have no power to help them. You can feel your heart break into millions of pieces, your lungs finding it hard to breathe all of a sudden, that aching feeling growing in your stomach as you watch every source of life drain out of their now numb body. But most of all the tears, I'm not talking about my tears. I'm talking about their tears.

One after another streaming down their scratched cheeks, the blood mixing in with the tears on the way down. Their glossy eyes take one last look at you, their coloured iris swimming in a ocean of glistening tears. They say that when you die your life flashes before your eyes. I could tell. I could see them watching all of their memories, every moment lived, from baby steps, to their first kiss, they saw it all. So did I.

Being so emotionally attached to someone, being in love with them changes you. And once they die, it makes you a whole different person. And once they mouth "I love you" to you, your heart breaks even more. That one second, that one sentence changes lives, but they also take away lives to. And then they're dead. Yes, it happened to me. Multiple times. but like I said, I'm used to it.

I also know what its like to kill someone.

To have that control over their lives, whether they live or die. Its empowering. But also one of the scariest feelings I've ever felt in all my years of being alive. Hearing them plead for their life, the sobs racking through their body, it makes you feel pity. But when your in that state you want to kill, you want to tear them apart limb by limb. I hate it. I hate that feeling.

I never wanted to be a killer, or a murderer.

I was made one. Not by choice. By defeat.

My name is Brielle Aceveds, I am a werewolf, and this is my story.