Chapter 6: Battle of the New York Sanctum

"Mordo! Wong!" You and Strange shouted as you two run towards the doorway you came through. But before you could go through it, the door turns into a stone wall. You let out a frustrated sigh as Strange runs his hands over the stone wall, hoping to find a secret button of some kind.

Not finding anything, Strange looks back over at you as you look around the building. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah. You?" You asked him. "Never better. What the hell happened back there?" Strange asked you.

"Well, if I saw what I think I saw, Kaecilius just destroyed the London Sanctum." You replied.

"Damn." Strange said, exasperated.

He looks around the room the two of you are in and all you see is hundreds of artifacts in glass cases, displayed all around. "Where are we?" He asked. "I'm not sure.......hang on." You said as you start to walk down the hallway. You walk up to the end of the hall and come upon the stairwell. You look out at the foyer and see the front door of the building.

Suddenly, in your mind, you flashback to when you were eleven, walking up to this very building. You put your hand over your eyes and take in a deep breath as Strange comes up to you and places his hands on your shoulder. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" He asked with concern. You move your hands away from your eyes and look at him in the eyes.

"I know where we are. We're in the New York Sanctum." You said.

Strange looks at you confused then he runs down the stairs and outside, You follow him as the two of you walk out into the streets of New York. Strange stares around in shock as he sees the familiar streets of New York.

You look around as well since it has been a longtime you've been here, besides for a few new buildings here and there it still looked the way you remembered. Both of you turn around and look at the plaque on the building that said: 177A Bleecker Street. Then you look up at the three-story brown stone building and see the familiar symbol of the Vishanti.

You and Strange run back inside the Sanctum and shut the door behind you. Strange walks up the stairs with you following close behind. "Hello?" Strange called out. No response. "Hello?" Again, no response. "That's weird, Master Drumm should be here." You said as you two make it over to a large circular room, a rotunda.

Inside were three enormous panoramic paintings; or should you say, windows. One window looked over a misty forest, trees as far as yours and Strange's eyes could see, another opened onto a spectacular view of a tempest-tossed ocean, these as roiling in anger. The last window bore witness to isolated, snowcapped mountains.

Strange walks over to the middle window, the one with the ocean view, and opens it. He felt a spray of cool salt water and could hear the sound of the crashing waves and the wind.

"That's not even the best part." You said as you see Strange cracking up a smile. You made a gesture for him to back up, he does and you walk over to the control panel by the window. You place your hand on it and turned the dial and the view of the ocean disappeared, replaced by the view of a vast, arid desert. Strange chuckles in amusement as you smile at him.

The two of you continue on with your exploration of the Sanctum and you ended up back into the room with all the artifacts and relics. Swords, daggers, helmets, amulets of all shapes, chalices and cauldrons of varying sizes were displayed all around you two.

Then Strange walks up to a tall case that held a red cloak with a high collar. As he walks up to it, the cloak floats up on its own as if in interest of the newcomer. "The Cloak of Levitation." You whispered with a smile.

Then a sound rung out in the building and the two of you look around then to each other as the two of you run back towards the stairs.

The front door of the Sanctum appeared to shudder, then move, slightly inside, toward the foyer and in comes Kaecilius and two of his people, Daniel Drumm standing in front of them. You gasped as you and Strange stand back and watch. What happened to his eyes? You thought as you see Kaecilius enter the Sanctum and said to Daniel.