What If...Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead Of His Hands

Time.

Space.

Reality.

It's more than a linear path. It's a prism of endless possibility. Where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities, creating alternate worlds from the ones you know.

I am the Watcher.

I am your guide through these vast new realities. Follow me and ponder the question...
What if?

We have watched how one moment, one choice, can ripple across space and time, giving birth to new stories, heroes, whole universes. But what if it's the wrong choice? What if the best of intentions has very strange consequences?

Stephen Strange drives up to the apartment building in his Lamborghini then stops and parks. He gets out of the car then goes over to the passenger side, opens the door and stands by it. "Evening, handsome." The (h/c) woman greets as she walks out wearing a beautiful dark blue gown and her hair was up in a bun with some strands of hair dangling in curls over her face.

"This?" Strange asked as he gestures to his suit. "I just pulled it out of the dryer. Whereas you, stunning." He said to her, smiling. His eyes shining with love and adoration for the woman standing in front of him. "I'm only going for dessert. You promised me crème brûlée." She teases and Strange chuckles as she gets into the car. 

"I suspect we can do a little better than that." Strange said to her and she chuckles. "Hmm...we'll see." She said, with a knowing smile at him and a glint of mischief in her (e/c) eyes, as he shuts the door and gets into the driver's seat.

In this universe, (y/n) (l/n) didn't become a sorcerer. The night her parents were killed, she was staying at a friend's house that night. The next day, she was informed of their deaths and was put into foster care days later.

She was adopted and, as she grew up, she decided she wanted to become a doctor. She wanted to help people and do everything in her power to keep people from feeling the loss she felt. 

It was here where she met Stephen Strange. And, unknowingly, her fate was sealed.

Flashback

(Y/n) was running through the halls as fast as she could as she looks for the person she trusted most. "Christine!" She calls out and her friend, Christine, turns around to face her.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?" She asked, worried. (Y/n) stops and then shows her the x-rays on her tablet. "We have a problem. GSW." She replied and Christine looks at it and sees a bullet in the patient's brain. "Apneic, failed the brain stem test...and the apnea reflex test. It's impinging on the medulla. Nick diagnosed brain death. Something about that doesn't feel right to me." (y/n) said as she places her hands on her hips, shaking her head slightly.

"I think I know someone who can help." Christine said and she starts to run while (y/n) follows her. The two girls run down the hall until Christine stops in front of a surgery room door. She looks through the window and waves at someone on the other side of the door, and gestures for them to come out.

The door opens and out walks a tall man with short dark brown hair and gray eyes. He starts to talk to Christine while (y/n) couldn't help but be taken aback at how handsome he was. She continued to stare at him but shook her head when Christine said her name.

"Doctor (l/n) was the one who brought it." She said and (y/n) gives an embarrassed smile as the man looks over at her. "Well, I never knew Christine would have a wonderful associate such as yourself." He compliments her and she gives a shy smile. "Just...trying to do my job." She said then he holds his hand out to her. "Doctor Stephen Strange." He introduced and (y/n) takes his hand.