Chapter 5

~•~

Layla

~•~

it has been a week since we gotten back and between Sensei Wu and Zane's no stop training I have been getting a little better but not by much. Today Jay and Cole went to the movies with Nya so she can "chose between the two." I have been getting along really well with Nya though she and I are starting to form a beautiful friendship. I know of a fact that Nya feels way to pressure with the boys fighting over her. I tried to help and told Cole to take it down a notch but he just ignored me.

Today I'm training with Sensei Wu. He believes that I have the same amount of power in me as Lloyd has and wants me to unlock it. So far the farthest I have gotten was to get a purple spear to form around my hand but once I did I got to excited that I didn't shot it at the target. "concentrate Layla imagine the power flowing through you and out to your hands then onto the target." Sensei Wu said. I felt the power going to my hands once I felt it there keeping my eyes closed I pulled my hands back and pushed it forward I imagine it hitting right in the middle of the target. I opened my eyes to see that I did shot the power off but I missed the target completely. "oops." I said looking at the damage I had done. "that was great now all you need to work on is aiming." Sensei Wu said as Sensei garmadon came in and started to talk to Sensei Wu. I got back in position and started to feel the energy flow through me and just as I was about to throw it an alarm went off causing me to jump and throw the Power. I looked to where the energy was going when I saw it hit Right on the target not in the middle but close. Yay.

"my facial recognition software has picked up something." Pixal said. I went over to the computer pulled up my chair and looked at the screen. There was some trucks and a couple cans fuel tanks as the screen zoomed it show a nin-droid. Zane said "my Analise says that they are using Borg to build something."

"yes but what." Pixal said.

"I think I can find out what they are trying to make if I can just see what kind of fuel they are carrying." I said.

"we need to find out where they are going and what they are holding find me the nearest Ninja." Sensei Wu said. We tried calling Cole, jay, and Nya but they didn't pick up. "they are not picking up, Kai is the closest in proximity." Zane said.

"and he should get there quickly in the prototype X1." Pixal said.

"good, but tell him not to engage we must not let them know their being followed." Sensei Wu said.

"yah if he doesn't have to much of a hot head in order not to." I mumbled.

"sorry what did you say Layla?" Zane asked.

"oh nothing just thinking to my self." I said trying to contact Kai. "Kai, Kai I need you." Pixal said. "Pixal not now." I heard Kai said throw the speakers. "who is Pixal?" a girl said ugh she sounds annoying wait was Kai flirting. I then heard Kai groan before he hop in the car. "did I catch you at a bad time." Pixal said nicely but I step in and said. "Kai there is no time for flirting Lloyd didn't give you your elemental powers so you can get a girl."

"so what this better be good though." Kai said as his beckon move towards the beckon of the trucks. "the is a nin-droid convoy heading west and General Criptor is on it. We need you to follow but not be spotted." Pixal said Kai then open the sunglasses container and put them on saying "I'm a ninja that's part of the job." what Kai doesn't know that in the glasses we had installed a communicate unit. "Kai don't be to careless we don't need you to..." he then turned off the communicate unit. Yah Now I'm getting fired up. "turn in the big screen." I said to Pixal who turn on the nearest jumbo screen saying. "Kai, Kai do you hear me." he just drove by ignoring her. "give me the control Pixal." she then gave my computer control of prototype x1. I pulled the wheel away from him as Pixal said. "Layla has taken control over the x1 remotely. you can't get away from us that easy." I Dodge a bunch of cars on the road. "you are three minutes till you reach the convoy." Pixal said. "let's try to make it two." Kai said hitting the busters. "you can't control your team." Sensei garmadon said behind me. "he is getting closer to them." Zane said. "we're giving you back your control." I then gave him back his control. "remember to keep your distance we only need to find out where they are heading." Pixal said "boring, what I want to find out is what they are hiding." Kai said hitting o car on his way up. "Kai I know this might seem like just a car but if you come back with even a scratch on it I'm going to personally kill you." I said I'm kinda worked up on this cause Nya, Pixal, and I were the once Who made it. That ride was supposed to be mine cause it was my original design but with the help of the girls I was able to finish it a Kai had to take a joy ride with it. "noted now let's see if we can find some killer tones." Kai said hitting the button that shot out the missals. Then they sent out nin-droids which scratch up my car. "Kai!" that's it. "I'm taking back control." I said taking back my control. "hey I was driving." Kai said. "no you were driving until you scratch it." I said. I started to speed or up to get him on the trucks. "what are you doing." now that your cover been blown we are going to get you a border the truck to see what they are transporting." Pixal said. I'm kinda glad though it gets me closer to seeing what they are doing. "I love it when a plan comes together." Kai said. "now don't get cocky Kai." I said "cocky I'm not cocky." he said back. I pulled up beside them to see that the nin-droid started shooting at my car. I hit the brakes before going at full speed behind them. Let's just hope Kai wore his seatbelt. Then rock fell onto the road blocking our path. I shot the Rocks out of the way. "we can't get past him hold on unless you want to fall off." I said tuning the seat to a motorcycle. Oh how much I love this ride he better return it in one piece. I drove the motorcycle towards the truck where he jumped on at. I returned the motorcycle back to the car and follow closely. "Kai keep you sunglasses close they are also a receiver so we can communicate." Pixal said. "alright time to heat things up." Kai said. Wait if he hears things up and I'm right about the fuel then. "wait Kai no don't heat things up!" I yelled "sorry what."

"don't heat things up your if I'm correct you are on fuel and if any heat you will set it off and then you will go boom. And as much as I want to see that happen don't let that happen!" I yelled. But I have a feeling he is ignoring me. "oh oh. Maybe I'm a little to late." Kai said.

"Kai what did I tell you!" I yelled. "its a tanker of jet fuel and I think I might have let the match." Kai said.

"wait jet fuel? Pixal you take over I'll be right back and get him off of that thing he will blow up." I said standing up. "on it." Pixal said taking full control. "where are you going?" Sensei Wu asked. "I think I might know why they need jet fuel." I said running to the elevator and to my office. I went to my files and look under J. "jet fuel, jet fuel, ah ha." I pulled out the file and reading everything it can be used for. "ah ha. I was right." I ran back to the elevator. "I found it they want to go to space. as I was trying to find out the name Arcturus I found a asteroid named Arcturus but I don't know why they would want to go there." I yelled as I ran back in. They all looked at me with interest before Zane said. "Kai." he seemed a bit worried. We all turned to the screen. "Kai do you hear me!" Pixal said. When his voice came through the speakers saying "loud and clear well not so clear from the back of this truck." we all laughed. "wait this might be it I have to be quite before they find my perfect hiding spot." Kai said then another voice came through "you!" "me!" that was all we heard before it went to static. "we have to get everyone we have to find out where they are going before its to late." Sensei Wu said. We then sent a signal out to reach Jay and Cole as Pixal reached Lloyd. When Lloyd got here I couldn't help myself and gave him a hug. "hey Layla what going on I got your message." he said "its the overlord he got Kai and I have a theory of what they are doing but I'll explain when the rest gets here." I said leading him to the table we have set out. Shorty after Nya, Jay, and Cole came running in but Nya had a robot in her hand. "we got here as fast as we could." Nya said the robot then said something before she let go of him. "the overlord got Kai." Zane said. "I have a theory that they plan on going to space to get to the asteroid Arcturus but why would he want to go there?" I said.

"I has to do with him wanting to be the golden Master."

"I ran everything through my date base and I have found no connection." Pixal said. "maybe there is a reason why it not in your data base." Zane said

"but everything in ninjago history in in my data base." Pixal said.

"not everything. Remember when went back in time to defeat lord garmadon." everyone but Lloyd and I yes yes. "you don't remember Lloyd cause when we came back what we had done in the past was alternated." Zane said. "I remember you came back and destroy my ultimate weapon with your golden weapons and they were shot into.." Sensei garmadon said but was cut off by Sensei Wu saying "space."

"so why is that why they want to go to that asteroid. Is that where the golden weapons landed? Also why does he want the golden weapons?" I asked

"yes, yes, and I guess because Lloyd gave up his golden power he is going for the next best thing to make him the golden Master." Nya said. "quick where did the serpentine study the stars." Zane went over to the computer and said "the accent city of (sorry I really don't know how to spell it so blank.)"

"we must go there at once." Sensei garmadon said. "but how do we know it's there."

"by faith." and with that we all ran off. The boys all hoping their vehicle which Nya, Pixal, and I remade after their first got blown up. "hey where is my ride you know the one that Kai stole?" I said thinking that I would have auto return back by now. "um you see Layla when Kai was using it it kinda blow up." Pixal said. "it what! That it I'm going to kill him!" I said "hey Layla remember when I told you I was making you a surprise." Nya said putting her hand on my shoulder and pointed to a purple car that looked almost like my first design but just the motorcycle part not the rest. "I kinda knew that Kai might steal the first one so I made the motorcycle part of it." I walked over to it happly I hop on it and drove over to Nya. "Nya you are truly the best, but your brother is still going to need to pay for my ride." I said as she hop on an older motorcycle with an extra seat on it where Pixal went in. Sensei garmadon and Wu went in Nya car and we all drove off after the boys. I had the quickest ride so I speed off trying to catch up with the boys. When I finally got to the destination I heard a count down going off. "20, 19, 18..." I looked down through the hole to see a rocket I then saw the boys get in. " 3, 2, 1" I quickly speed off away from the rocket. But I was to late the rocket blasted off causing me to fly off my bike. I felt alot of heat on my back before I hit the ground and blacked out.