Chapter 9: Reversal of Feelings

Hi! Thank you so much again to the readers, voters, followers and those who gave really encouraging comments!!! You people don't know how much that means to me. ^^~

I feel bad that I have been missing in action for weeks because of school and personal stuffs.. Sorry that it took ages before I finally updated. I really appreciated those who have been willing to wait for the update of this story. Thank you so much for those who keep on sticking to this story even if I'm updating irregularly, i appreciate it so much. really thank you. I will work hard to update soon.

So here's chapter 9, enjoy everyone and let me hear what you think, okay? ^^~

CHAPTER 9:

"Leslie...I finally found you." His voice said.

I was surprised. Who is this man? And how did he know my name?

"Why are you following her?!" He shouted to the man following me. His arms still embracing me.

The man who followed me ran away to the opposite direction.

"Hey!" He let go of me and started to chase the man. I stood still, confused and shocked.

"Hey! Stop! Where do you think you're going?!" I heard him shouting as he ran after the strange man.

Then something in my mind bugged me. That voice is familiar. I have heard it before... It sounds like... but, it can't be...Is it the voice in Donna's mp3 player? But... that is her brother, then how come...

"You! stop! Just wait 'til I catch you!"

After hearing this, I decided to ran after him. I can't help but get nervous and worried since he's chasing a dangerous man.

Then I saw him fall in his knees. He tried to stand up but he fell weakly again. I ran towards him.

He's panting. His face, pale. His eyes still fixed to the dangerous man who is slowly getting farther and farther from sight. Under the street light, I was finally able to study his face and slowly recognized those familiar eyes, that nose, that lips, that look...

He still had difficulty getting up so I grabbed his arm and shoulders to help him up. I felt the warmth of his body, the boiling warmth of his fever.

"Let him go, forget it... it's dangerous." I whispered to him.

He stared at me. He opened his mouth to answer back but I decided to talk first. " Let's just go back." I told him.

I helped him walk and we made our way back to the university. Not one of us said a word. I have a lot of questions running in my head at this moment but I decided to hold it in for now.

He insisted that I climbed up the wall first and he helped me up. He followed behind. As he was about to lead our way to the dormitory, I grabbed his arm.

"Wait." I removed my jacket and put it on him. I pulled up the hoodie to cover his short black hair. "Now, we can go." He just stared blankly at me as I pulled his arm. We slowly and carefully made our way to our room.

As soon as I opened the door, the empty bed and the brown wavy haired wig on the floor just confirmed the thought in my head.

"Leslie, I..." He started.

"Lie down, I'll get the water for your medicine." I pulled out the paper bag in my pocket and handed it to him. I walked away to get a glass of water.

He did not move and he just watched me as I poured the water and walked back to him. "Drink it then lie down." I told him without meeting his eyes. The truth is, I'm having mixed feelings right now. I'm feeling mad and betrayed but I'm also worried since I made him ran around on the street when he's sick.