Ninty Five: David and Lily

"Lily, go to bed."

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"What...what happened?"

"Meaning?"

"I don't know."

"Go to bed."

"Dad."

"Yes, Lily?"

"Do you think I'm crazy?"

"I think you're mentally ill."

"Why is that?"

"You remember things that never happened. A classic mental illness. A common one. Don't worry, I'm working on sending you to an institution-"

"Institution?"

"Yes. Mentally ill people belong in places that will help them become stable."

"But- what about- I...I don't...want to."

"If you want to get better, you must."

"No...no. No. Dad please. Don't make me."

"There's no discussion."

"Yes. There's always a discussion. We are discussing. Where's Mom? She'll agree with me."

"She's already agreed with me. We think it is in your best interest so spend as much time needed for you to be well."

"I'm well."

"You're not. I'm not sure what happened - no one is - but you are definitely not well."

"I'm not crazy."

"Lily, you say things that are not correct. Like- like Amber, whoever she is. And that Drew, that awful boy was your friend. Andy was sending you texts and he bullied you when you were younger. He is your brother. And...what is this with unknown text messages? No one does that, Lily. No one with a life."

"I still get them!"

"What?"

"I got some messages. I have no idea who they are from. But in my...recollection, they were from Andy. Dad, it's like I'm reliving exactly what happened to me before but everything is different."

"Why haven't you told anyone about these messages?"

"You all said I was crazy. I didn't know if they were real or not. If they weren't, I wouldn't be able to deal with more looks that all of you send me."

"Looks?"

"You know, the look. Sympathy and caution. But something else. Like...like fear."