Chapter Four

I closed my eyes tight, waiting for the blows, and heard a crash. I opened my eyes to see to two bodies coming down on me. I gasped, trying to roll over out of the way. My shoulders got crushed by the two masses, and I slipped out from under them with some effort. I got to my feet, staggering as I got freed. Looking down at the two guys, I recognized the other face.

            “MICHAEL!!” I screamed. Michael was on top of the guy, holding the other guy down, punching a couple of times.

            “Don’t ever mess with her,” Michael seethed. I never saw Michael mad before, and I frankly don’t ever want to see him like that again. His usual playfully grin was set down in a frown, and his usual bright were hard as steel.

            “What, she your girlfriend?” the attacker breathed, grabbing Michael’s arm and trying to break free.

            “Yes,” Michael answered, punching him again.

            What? I thought. I looked at him, confused.  

 I realized what was happening, and snapped out of it. By then, the other guy had taken control, on top of Michael and hitting him hard. Adrenaline flowed through me. I ran full speed at both of them, hitting the guy with all my strength. We all flew, and the guy landed on me, and I was getting the life crushed out of me again. His massive body made it hard to breathe, and I pushed him off of me. I then saw Michael was passed out. The guy got up, and raised his foot to stomp him out.

“No!” I screamed. Then, a vision came into my head. It was very colorful, and looked like a movie. The scene showed me fighting the guy off myself. My face was hard and I dodged the attacker’s punch. Michael was safe. I came out of the vision, back to reality. Remembering the vision, I readied myself. Right when he was about to bring his foot down, I threw a rock at is head.

“Hey idiot!” I screamed, getting his attention.

His face flushed red with anger. He ran at me like a bull, and I moved out the way, swiftly took off my backpack, and hit him hard, hitting him over the head—all in the same move. Wow! I surprised myself, because I didn’t even know I was going to do that.

He collapsed to the floor with the heavy weight of the books. Shocked, he looked up at me, got up, and started swinging.

I gasped, but didn’t get hit. Every move he did, I Saw what he was going to do before he actually did it. I was dodging his hits!

“You’re gonna pay!” he screamed out in fury. He was getting more and more frustrated when none of his blows connected. He tried to drop kick me, but I swayed to the left, the blow missing, and elbowed his thigh. He screamed out in pain and frustration.

“YOU hurt my friend!” I yelled back, and with all my strength, hit him in the face. The attacker staggered back confused. Ouch! Wasn’t such a good idea after all, I thought. I punched him wrong. Dad wouldn’t be proud of that. My hand started swelling up. I looked at Michael in a panic. Good, just like the vision.

I was distracted watching Michael get up from where he lay that I didn’t see the guy come up from behind me. I looked back and saw him. He swung and hit me in the stomach. All the air in my lungs blew out of me in a big whoosh, and I fell to my knees gasping for breath. He slapped me hard in the face. I felt pain shoot up and down the left side of my face, and a stinging came to my mouth. Something wet came on the arm that I was grasping my stomach with. It was warm. I looked down and saw blood trickling a path down my arm. I looked up helpless, as he reached back an arm for another hit.