5

The Damsel by crossroad

* Please do read the note at the end of this chapter. 

In the night when the kingdom of Incantasi has been conquered by the tyrant Henry, Cassandra Monfort is born-a girl who could save the kingdom from the evil ruler's hands. When the seal appears on her twelfth year, her whole life changes. King Henry orders the execution of her parents, and it happens before her very eyes. But luckily, Cassandra is saved by a group of bandits who takes her in their care.She vows for revenge, an oath to make the tyrant pay for her parents' unjust death. Bryce, the leader of the bandits, hides her identity by making her dress up like a man and trains her to be a fighter under her new name, Miles.A plan is all she has. But things get shaky when she meets the Prince of Incantasi, Lancelot. The once driven Miles finds herself falling for the man who is the enemy's son. Will she choose her heart or the fate of the kingdom that lies in her hands?

******

Note:

So I just wanted to tell that this book is one of my favorites (of course, it's here so it has to be!) but I just wanted to give a heads up that in the first chapter you might get a bit confused  for a minute because she wrote about a character without introducing him first and because of that I had to read the chapter twice to understand it but after that all the chapters are clear and so well-written. I'm telling you this beforehand as I don't want you lovely people to miss out on a great story because of a slight confusion in the very first chapter. I hope when the author sees this, it will be corrected. But till then please continue with the story. Also, if you get confused, you can even ask me for clarification. I would gladly help :)