F.S 26

Jake's POV 

I had said the words, finally. 

You see, I had thought about it on the plane. Fear makes you realize things and it can make you shit your pants. Luckily for me, it did the former. Some writers could have said fear unlocked my heart, made me realize what the beautiful sensations that always engulfed my heart whenever I talked to Chris meant. I would just say it freaked me out, made me realize I didn't want to lose Chris, made me realize he was more than just someone I experimented with. Yes, I loved Chrissie and it was about time he knew that. I had realized only a couple of hours ago, but I was certain of what I was feeling. Love was a new sensation to me. I had liked a few girls deeply, but not enough to say it was love. I had never felt the way I felt at that moment about anyone. I didn't know what love was, but who knows really? It had taken me years to figure out that I was capable of loving someone, albeit a guy. When you feel the way I was feeling, you know you do not want to let go, ever. Chris was standing in front of me, I wasn't letting him go. Nothing mattered then. Not my dad, not Gabe, not mom, not the girls who threw themselves at me, not my pride, not my friends, not... 

Tyler choked. He went into a coughing fit. 

Not Tyler. 

"I love you Chris", I repeated. 

Chris still had the expression he had when I told him the first time. He was wide-eyed and frozen-still. For a second I thought he was going into shock or something. 

"This is the part where you say I love you too", I said smiling tentatively. 

He regained himself and blinked hard. 

"This isn't a movie or some romantic novel", he said sternly. 

I was stunned. I had just bared my soul to him, in front of my best friend! I was certain about how I was feeling, but telling Chris that I loved him in front of my best friend still took courage. I cared what Tyler thought of him, he was my best friend. How could that not convince Chris? 

"How do you expect me to believe you when just hours ago you were having sex with some girl?!" he yelled throwing his arms around. 

"I didn't sleep with her! She tried seducing me, but I wasn't interested. I thought about you the whole time. What would I have to gain by lying to you?" I asked, my voice sounding more like I was pleading. 

Chris didn't say anything. 

"Jake buddy, did you...did you just say you love him?" Ty asked, bringing my attention to him. 

"Buddy please, not now", I said to Ty. 

I looked at Chris. Now I knew how it had felt when I rejected him. Had his pain been as intense as the pain creeping up on me? It wasn't fully there but I knew once full-blown it would be unbearable.  

"Chrissie, I really mean it. I love you. I don't want to lose you", I said. I was pleading and it didn't matter to me. After all, I'd told myself I wasn't going to beg any chick, and I wasn't begging a chick. 

He just looked at me and said nothing. All the while my mind screamed at me to give up and walk away. I guess it's really hard for the mind of a player to give the heart the controls. I could walk away, but there was too much at stake. I wasn't ready to give up on the first person that I had ever loved; I wasn't ready to give up on Chris. If I had to prove it to him, so be it. My mind was impatient, but my heart was not giving up just yet. 

"Chris, look into my eyes", I said firmly. "If you still think I am lying to you, you can walk away". 

I hoped he would see, I hoped he wasn't blind to the truth. My eyes were open doors to him. He had to see that I loved him. 

It took a while, but he eventually looked into my eyes. 

"I love you", I mouthed, never removing my eyes from his.  

"I love you too", he said giving me a small smile. 

He believed me! I would have done some cartwheels if I was...actually, I wouldn't have. But you get the picture, I was really happy. I brought my lips to Chris's lips, and drank what he had to offer. Boy did his lips feel good! They tasted better than they did before. I could kiss him the whole night. I tightened my grip on his waist. 

"Are you guys really kissing or am I dreaming? Jake, talk, NOW", Tyler ordered. 

Chris pulled out of the kiss. 

"We can ignore him and continue kissing you know", I whispered into Chris's ear. 

Chris jokingly pushed me away. "Talk to him". 

"Okay, what's going on?" Ty asked. 

"I have decided I am ready to be in a relationship- a real one..." I paused and looked at Chris, "...If the guy will have me of course". 

Chris blushed scarlet. He just looked cute at that moment. He nodded, smiling tentatively. 

"I would point out that you've never wanted to be in a real relationship, but I'm a little bit shocked at the fact that you want to be in a relationship with a guy!" Tyler said sarcastically. 

A little...doesn't even begin to describe it. 

"I know it is shocking- trust me it shocked me too- but I love Chris, and I want to be with him", I said looking lovingly at Chris. 

"So are you gay? All those times you've seen me naked...Gosh, Jake!" Ty said. He looked red. 

"No man. Trust me; you have nothing that I want. I'm not gay or bisexual", I said and shrugged, "I just love Chris". 

"How long has this been going on?" Ty asked. 

"Uh...since he started tutoring me?" I said. 

"This is a prank, right? Is there some camera crew hiding behind the trees?" he asked, acting all dramatic. 

"It's not a prank Ty", I assured him. 

"This is some sick twisted thing right here. I can't imagine you with a guy", he said. It was the way he said it that made me chuckle. He may not have approved, but he wasn't being mean about it. 

"That is a good thing. I would not appreciate you undressing me", I said with a smirk. 

He chuckled. 

"I'm not like you, I wouldn't like what I would see", he said. "So...you and Chris are now a couple?" 

I pulled Chris to me. "Would you like to do the honors?" I asked him. 

He blushed. Making him blush was like the easiest thing ever. 

"Uh...yeah. We are a couple", he said shyly. 

"Don't worry buddy, you'll get used to it, you and a lot others", I said to Ty, thinking of how my family and the town would take it. For once I didn't care about my reputation. 

I looked at Chris and couldn't resist the urge to kiss him. Tyler made a gagging sound. He stopped when Chris and I stopped kissing and looked at him. 

"I am never getting used to that". 

I smiled as the moon shone upon the three of us. I had the guy I wanted close to me; it was a beautiful night. Chris was mine, and we had a journey ahead of us. Maybe it would be a long journey, or a short journey. No one knew the future, but the butterflies in my stomach told me it was worth it. 

"You alright?" I asked Chris. 

"I'm happy", he said and smiled, a smile that warmed my heart. I knew he meant it. 

*