F.S 25

Jake's POV 

"What the fuck are you doing?" I shouted, pushing the girl off of me. 

She hit the floor and whined. 

"I was just...I thought....oh come on..." she stammered. 

"I told you. I don't want you!" I shouted. 

She got up from the floor and tried kissing me. I pushed her back. 

"Are you gay?" 

"No, I just don't want you. Get the hell out of my room!" I bellowed. 

"Can you...can you please not show the video to anyone? It's embarrassing", she said. 

"What video?" 

"I recorded us with your laptop". 

"I won't. Now, get out", I said firmly.  

The girl left with her tail between her legs. It had been like that since I arrived at the school. Girls threw themselves at me. The me of old would have loved the attention, but I had changed. Somehow, even the most gorgeous girls didn't appeal to me. I found nothing interesting about them. 

I got up from my bed and went to my desk. I had been counting the hours till the time I would see Chris's face. I knew it was still early and he probably wouldn't even be there. When I looked at my laptop screen, I realized what I was seeing. The girl hadn't been recording us, she'd dialed Chris. The idiot had dialed Chris! I stared at the empty chair, wondering if he was in the room. He'd answered the call, meaning if he wasn't in the room, he'd been in the room. 

Had he seen the fiasco? 

"Chris", I shouted. There was no reply. 

I searched for my phone and found it on the floor beside my bed. I dialed Chris, but his phone was on voicemail. I dialed Tyler. 

"What's up man?" Ty said as he answered. 

"Where's Chris?" I asked quickly. 

"He left like a couple of minutes ago, said he was going for a walk. Weird, he had his schoolbag with him". 

"Shit. Did he say anything else besides that?" 

"No. He looked like he was crying or something, I couldn't tell. What's going on man?" 

I shivered as a wave of fear engulfed me. Chris already cut. What if he did something stupid? I couldn't live with myself. What if he...? I couldn't imagine my life without Chris. I didn't want to live that life. 

"Jake? Are you still there?" Ty asked. There was concern in his voice. 

"Yeah, I'm here. Look Ty, can you...can you look for him? Please", my voice faltered. "I'll try and get a ticket for tonight". 

"Where do I start looking for him? Is he in trouble? A ticket to where? What's going on?" Ty hit me with a tirade of questions. 

"I'm coming back tonight. Just please look for him. I'll explain everything", I said and hung up. 

I had never in my life been so spontaneous, but fear drove people to do irrational things. All the while in the plane I wondered if I was overreacting. What if Chris had really just gone for a walk? I was already on the plane! My dad was going to be so pissed I didn't know what he would do. But if I could save Chris from whatever it was he planned on doing, it would be worth it. I had managed to get on a plane that was taking me back to my home town. I had been so lucky to find one at that time I couldn't believe it. It had to be a sign...something surreal to make me do right by Chris.