Chapter 3 - Mistake

Chapter 3

I had to admit that this was the best weekend of my life. Mady really knows how to make someone feel better alright. However it wasn't only Mady that was lifting my mood, it's was something else. The cafe. Or to be specific, someone at the cafe. During my sleepover with Mady, I kept finding myself trailing back to Drake Cassidy and our conversation. It was so genuine, reliving and enjoyable. I haven't been back to the cafe since that Friday after school but I definitely know what I was going to today after school. A huge grin appeared on my face as I suddenly felt someone tug on my sleeve.

"Ash! What's gotten into you? You haven't even finished your pizza!" Mady worried. Mady knew how much I enjoyed my pizza and if I wasn't gobbling it down, it meant there was something bothering me but actually, in this case, it was totally opposite.

"Mady, I'm fine!" I assured her.

"Clearly I can see that. That grin explains it all." It was then I realised I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. I fidgeted in my seat as I looked up and saw several other cheerleaders having their side chats. That's when my eye finally caught the one cheerleader who I wish broke a leg.

"Hey girls! What's up?" She stated as she sat in front of my with a smile plastered on her face. She gave me on glance and smirked. Why couldn't I just rip her face off?

"Oh, hi Ashley! How's life going? Still crushing?" The sly girl gave me a sarcastic grin as she placed her hand on top if mine as if trying to comfort me. Was she trying to provoke me that much? I took my hand away from her touch and gave her a death stare.

"Actually great, Emerald! How about you? Still horny as ever?" I smirked back at her as she gasped. I could see the rage starting to fill her eyes. Perfect, now she can make herself look like a fool without my help. However before Emerald and I could continue, Mady interrupted.

"Hmm, so Emerald have you got the new cheer ready?" Mady asked Emerald. She was obviously trying to distract Emerald for taunting me. I would thank her for that but I actually liked it if it had gone on so I could plant my fist into her Barbie-looking face.

Now I was left with no-one to talk to, as a result to all the cheerleaders discussing their future cheer. It's called future cheer for a reason right, it should be done in the future, not now. I rapidly stood up from my seat and said a goodbye to my best friend. I looked to the jocks, they were cool and nice and I loved hanging out with them (even more than the cheerleaders) but there was one minor problem. That's Nick's friends. But as long as he wasn't there, I took my chance. I mean, I wasn't going to sit alone for the whole was lunch. I strolled towards the jocks as I smiled.

"Do you guys mind if I sit with you?" I asked them. They all nodded at me without hesitation and I took a seat next to Jerome. Jerome was Nick's best friend but I had to say he was also one of my most trusted friends too.

"So what's wrong with the barbies this time?" Jerome commented and I couldn't help but giggle along with the rest of the jocks at the table.

"Hey they might be barbies but they sure do have a good ass." I rolled my eyes at Seth as I placed a punch on his arm. All the Boys agreed and chuckled.

"Hey! Some of those barbies are my best friends!" I exclaimed at him.

"Ouch! You can sure punch for a girl!" Seth retorted and I only gave him a stare. I turned and looked at the rest of the boys sitting next to me.

"So what are you guys up to?" I asked the rest of the jocks.

The jocks mostly consisted of these four boys; Jerome, Seth, Nathan and who couldn't forget Nick. I didn't care anyway, Nick is past. Honestly I loved the jocks to bits, if it wasn't for Mady's annoying persistence to make me sit at the cheerleading table, I would have totally sit here everyday instead of that table. Obviously I try to pursued Mady to come sit with jocks but trust me that girl is really hard to convince!