Downhill

Lights blacked out as generals fall one by one. Midnight has fallen and there was a deadly chill in the silence of the night. It is only a matter of time before they were found out. Seconds ticked by and every men had their hearts pounding against their chest. Soon, they too will meet the end of their lives.

"We don't have much time!" Jin-Pyo urged the team to huryy up. Sprinting off in the front lines, he bravely charged into the unexpecting host's house. With a flick of his knife, he ended the general's life with a slit at his throat. Almost there.......Jin-Pyo thought.

There is utmost chaos in this country. The government was corrupted and the citizens of North Korea had no say in everything they did. Cell-phones, television, computers and any devices which allows communication with the outside world were all prohibited. It is a place of hell. Anyone who disobeyed any of the laws would be executed. Everyone is to have utmost loyalty to their ruler. Anyone who opposed him shall fall and die a terrible death. However, the generals with all the power, on the other hand had the luxuries that a normal citizen could never have. Tax money that the citizens worked so hard to earn to pay was splurged on the greedy general's personal needs. It is about time that they learnt a lesson for their unjust deeds.

"Please! Don't kill me! I'll give you anything you want!" Pleaded a man with white greying hair. He had a plump built and eyes flowing with tears. Raising the blade high in the air, a smile formed on the wielder's face. "Pay for what you have done!" He roared, swinigng the blade down. Bullets whizzed past him as he turned around to leave the house. Instinct took over his body and effortlessly dodged the bullets. Soldiers unafraid of death charged at him fearlessly, screaming at the top of their lungs to boost their morale. Swinging their bayonets and jabbing them at the enemy, the man braced for impact as he took a deadly stance. Taking a deep breath, he charged at them head on as well. 

4.50 a.m.

Only 1 more hour to go before dawn breaks. 21 men were all still standing on their feets, undefeated. But fatigue caught up with them and they were all panting heavily, faces drenched with sweat. They were on the verge of breaking down. Everyone has already assembled at the meeting place. Everyone but their leader. 

"Arghhhh!" Moo-Yul screamed as he berserk his way through the army of guards. I have to get out of this mess! He thought. Cornered by the guards, Moo-Yul did not give up. Fighting for his life, he charged out of his trap and brought down a dozen men already. Looking at the corner of his side, he saw an open window. Not giving it a second thought, He dashed and jumped out of the window, tumbling onto the hard ground a few feet below. Luckily there was a bush to break his fall. Using only a few seconds to recover, he immediately disappeared into the dark. However, a stray bullet lodged itself into his left leg. Giving a grunt of agony, he limped out of the sight of the menacing guards.

He was lucky to survive. But now, another burden has came as he looked gloomily at his bleeding leg. The pain was indescribable and his face cringed to suppress the urge to scream. Suddenly, footsteps could be heard. Heart pounding like a machine gun, Moo-Yul held his breath and frozed like a statue. He was unable to move with his leg injured like that. Saying his last prayers, He closed his eyes when the stranger walked towards him. He has been found. Eyes widening in shock, Moo-Yul gasped.

" Need a hand? I can see that you're quite lame now" Jin-Pyo grinned at him. Tears of joy trickled down Moo-Yul's eyes as he rested his arm on Jin-Pyo's shoulder. 

It's finally time to go home.