Fire Burning

City Hunter

Fire Burning

We have succeeded in infiltrating the tight security of North Korea. We have walked different paths down the road of our lives but fate has brought us together. Now, we only have but one goal. Surviving.

“Time check, sir… We have 3 hours before backup arrives. We have to act now!” the man in a green North Korean army suit spoke. A frown knitted across my forehead and everyone waited for my orders. My shoulders became tensed as I got ready for combat. A second was all it takes to determine our survival on this country.

“Go!” I signaled them skillfully with my hand and gave the mark. We split up in our own ways and decided to meet at the coast immediately after accomplishing our given task. Good luck, my friends and may you all come back in one piece….I gave a silent prayer and dashed into the house to take down the generals, one by one.

Peeping in from the window outside the house, I scanned the interiors for anyone in sight. My eyes swept from left to right quickly and I turned back to my team. Coast’s clear!

“Bang!” The door swing opened as we forced our way into the house. The guards were all unprepared for us. Bullets sprayed across the walls and dead corpses fell onto the ground. Stepping over them, I went forward to lead the team into the house.

It would be a matter of time before the rest of the guards of the house find out that we have broken into the house. We had to act fast! My heart was pounding against my chest, rattling like a machine gun. Unsheathing my knife, I sneaked upon a general and stabbed him in the gut. He was drinking wine with another woman, showing off all his assets and jewelry trying to impress her. “So this was what generals of North Korea do behind the scenes” I took a mental note and shot the woman beside him. Wiping my knife on the corrupted general’s uniform, I realized that I had caused too much of a commotion. Treading of footsteps on the wooden platform of the house could be heard as the guards made their way to the murder of their general. I was ready by then and was on my way out of the house. It was too late for them to even realize that I had planted a grenade before they stepped into the scene.

“Boom!” the house burst into flames when the grenade went off. “My, my, that’s the work of our leader for sure...” said another group of the 21 men that I dispatched from afar. “C’mon! We’ve got work to do!” said Jin-Pyo as he loaded his gun and pulled his cartridge.