Alone In The Rain

Beeeeeppppppp!!

I carelessy threw my arm over the side of my body, my fingers feeling my alarm clock for the "off" button.

5 more mintues!!!

As soon as my head hit the pillow, my mom swung the door open, letting all the light come into my dark room.

"Mom!" i said, letting her know I was pissed off.

"Come on! Get up! You don't want to be late for your first day at your new school!" My mom said, in that happy "baby voice"

All I could do was pull the covers over my head.  Curious at what time it really was, I looked over on my dresser.

6:50

Shit!

I tossed my blankets on the floor, ran to my closet, and dug through my wrinkled clothes to find something to wear.  When most of my clothes were on the floor, I found my favorite top and jeans.  I shrugged my clothes on carelessy, threw on my gray converse, and ran down the stairs.

My mom, knowing I was nervous or upset about my first day at Richwood High, tryed to cheer me up.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun! You'll make new friends, meet some cute guys..."

"Mom!" I said.  Doesn't every teenage girl repeat the same word on their first day of school?

I grabbed a granola bar and a bottle of water and ran out the door. 

I should be taking a car...

At 17, I should have my own car! Ever since the accident with my dad, my mom wouldn't let me drive a car with her or by myself.  All of my other friends back in Vermont were allowed to drive and I'd have to sneak rides with them.

Finally, I came up to the building.  It was huge!  I was getting kind of nervous.  Who wouldn't be?

I started to wonder if I would make any friends....

I walked into the building, trying to find out where my class was.

Before I knew it, papers were scattered every where and books were on the ground.  This was becoming a lot like the movies...

"Gosh, I'm so sorry!" I said, looking up to see who I bumped into.

"It's OK." she said. 

I looked up to see a freckled-face with brunette hair.

 "My name's Haley." I said, trying to introduce myself.

"Clara."

"Look, I'm really sorry..."

"It's OK, really.  I should really watch where I'm going..." Clara said.

Finally, I saw a smile on her face.  I didn't know why I was so relieved, I guess I just wanted to "fit in" and not screw everything up.

"So..." she said. "Are you new here?  I don't think I've seen you..."

"Yeah, this is my first day."  I said, hoping she'd show me around.

"Do you... need someone to show you around?" She said.  I didn't know if she meant it or if she knew I desperately wanted her to ask me.

"Thanks so much, that would be great!" I said, showing her how thankful I really was.

We started to walk down the hall.  It seemed everyone's eyes were glued on me as I walked by.  They started to whisper.  Not like they were actually whispering, I could hear everything they were saying.

"Look at what she's wearing..." I heard some girl say.  I turned around and gave her that "don't mess with me" look.

"What room are you headed to?" Clara asked.

"356"

"Mee too!" She said.  Maybe I made a friend after all.

When we walked in the room, Clara motioned me to a seat right next to her but like before, eyes were on me and the teacher called me to the front of the room.

"Haley?"

"Yeah, that's me." I said.

"I'm Mr. Peckner, welcome to Richwood High!"

O god... he sounded way to cheery at this time of the day.

"Thanks" I said.  I didn't know if I was being rude?

"Class, this is Haley.  She is our new student from Vermont."

I slapped a smile on my face, trying not to look like a complete idiot.

"Alrighty Haley, you can take a seat any where you'd like."

I sat down, in the seat next to Clara.  (At least I had one almost-friend.  I guess.)

When I turned around he walked into the room.  And by "he" I mean the guy that I would truly fall in love with.