Chapter 9: Weird Coincidences

Mel's POV

I feel horrible. I've been getting weird dreams lately. All about death, fears and the future. There's always this boy, as cliché as it sounds. I barely ever see his face, but I can describe him more or less. He is taller than me, has black hair and dark eyes. He has this mixed vibe, like in one dream he is happy, thr next he's serious and then shy. I've never told anyone about him and I'm not planning on it.

I have been going to physical therapy everyday, and I have been told to gain more upper body strength. I have no idea how, but I have to. My mother has been visiting everyday, when she isn't working. So far I've been stuck in my room. Dad's finally going back to work, since ever since the accident he hasn't left my side.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Today I'm finally going to look around. All my bandages have been taken off, and my 'leg' is still weird to me. It looked like it was still to my knees earlier because of the bandages and swelling, but it's actually till a few inches above my knee. It looks like just a stump with a big scar at the top of it. I'm still in the wheelchair, though.

I slowly wheeled my way out of ny room. I looked across the halls to see where I could go. I decided to head to the childrens seccion. When I got there, there was a door which led to the playroom. Just as I was trying to reach for the doorhandle, it opened. I quickly pulled my wheelchair away, so it wouldn't hit my good leg. A boy, about my age, walked out quickly. He looked familiar.

I slowly got in the room. A little girl, about five, motioned for me to go to her. She was bald, and very pale. And yet, she was adorable. Once I managed to get to her, she handed me a purple pencil. She pointed toward the paper she was busy coloring. At the corner of the paper, there was something sloppily written. Julianne.

"Is that your name?" I asked her while pointing to it. She didn't even notice me speaking. "Julianne?"

A boy, about seven years old, walked over to me and said,"Julie can't hear you."

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"Miss Joan said that the little people in her ear are tired and they didn't want to let her hear anymore." He explained.

Then the boy walked away. Julianne stoppen coloring and was looking at my leg. She pointed at it. I grabbed her hand and gently put it on the stump. She ran her hand across it as if she were figuring out what it was.

Eventually she took her hand away and lifted her hands up, so I picked her up and set her down on my good leg. She pointed to the door, so I went with her till I was infront of it. She stood up on the seat, careful not to step in my leg, and reached for the doorhandle.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

She led me through the hospital all the way to her room. She got off my lap and opened the door. Just as I was about to push my way through, she put her hand up, signalling for me to stop. She walked around my wheelchair, and pushed me into the room. It was decorated with paintings all over the wall. On the nightstand next to the bed there was a picture of her and three other people. There was a middle-aged man carrying her and a woman holding her hand. Next to them there was a boy with his arm around the man.

Julie pushed me to the bed. Then she climbed on the bed and grabbed a worn out teddy bear, then she hugged it.

Suddenly, the door burst open. The boy that almost hit me with the door came in.

"Um- Hi?" He said confused. He did something with his hand and it looked alot like sign language. Julianne angrily signed something to him and he sighed. He looked alot like- No. It can't be. He was tall, had black hair, dark eyes and he was quite fit.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Melissa. Who are you?" I replied.

"I'm Ryder, her brother. Now, can you please tell me what you're doing in my sister's room?" He said angrily.

"I was with her when you almost knocked me over. Where were you?"

"That is none of your buisness." I angrily glared at him.

Julianne just looked at us confused and started 'talking' to Ryder. He just grabbed a chair and sat at the other side of the bed. After a while she yawned and layed down on the bed. I grabbed the sheets and covered her. She closed her eyes and after a minute we all heard was  her slow breathing. I was the first to speak.

"She's so cute and lovely." I whispered.

"Yeah, she is." He whispered.

"How old is she now?"

"Almost five." He replied.

"Look, I'm sorry for being a dick earlier, but I was just looking out for her." He said softly.

"It's alright. I wasn't exactly polite to you either."

"Lets start all over again. Hi, I'm Ryder." He stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Melissa." I reculantly shook his hand. "I think I have to leave now,"

He stood up. "Would you like me to push you, or..." He asked me unsure of himself.

"No, stay here with Julianne."

"I insist," He walked over to me and started pushing my wheelchair. I led him all the way to my room.

When he got there, my parents were talking to a doctor. They noticed me come in, and almost immediatly my dad asked, "Who's this young man?"

He cleared his throat, "I'm Ryder Daniels, sir." He put his hand out infront of him  for my dad to shake. "It's nice to meet you."

My dad shook his hand, "It's nice to meet you too. I'm her father."

Ryder looked at me and then his watch, "I have to go now," he said.

"I'll see you tomorrow." And with that he walked out.

After being questioned by my parents, I was allowed to go sleep. I thought of what happened today. Ryder and the boy from my dreams. One moment he's angry, the next he's sweet, then he became shy. Are these just weird coincidences?

-

A/N:

I'm back!!! I am so sorry I went missing for a few months!!! I was so busy and completely forgot to write anything... I really hope you like this chapter!

Please comment what you think about this chapter!

I love you all!!! Till next time!!!