Chapter 7: Emergency.

Mel's Pov

I woke up to a horrible pain in my left leg. It was just pure torture. It wouldn't stop. I called in a nurse. When she came in she quickly ran out to get a doctor. The doctor ran in and examined my leg.

"This can't be good. Something must've gone wrong during the operation and it must've caught an infection. I'm sorry miss Jones, there's not much I can do for you." he said after a while.

"What do you mean? Is it serious? I'm confused."

"There is some kind of infection going on in your leg. We must take you in for surgery before it spreads troughout your body." he said while calling in some more nurses.

They quickly took me to another room and gave me a shot. A nurse began to count.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven..." I didn't hear the rest.

-------------

When I woke up I was back in my room. My mom and dad where there.

They looked at me in pity.

"There was nothing else they could do." My mom said.

"It was spreading so quickly, they had to take it off." My dad continued.

I didn't understand what they meant. I looked at my bed only to see one leg under the covers. I lifted up the covers to see my entire right leg and my left leg till my knees. This can't be happening, I chimed in my head. I touched the bandages around my leg. It didn't feel real. I couldn't feel my leg or anything.

I looked at my parents for confirmation that this is real. They still looked as if they just witnessed a puppy dying. Sad and scared. I couldn't process anything any thing but guilt right now. If I hadn't sneaked out, none of this wouldn't have happened.

Why was I so dumb.

That was all I remembered thinking before I fell asleep.

><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A few hours later I woke up, hoping all I saw earlier was a dream, and that my leg was still there. But it wasn't. Sadly all the thing that heve happened these passed days have all been real. My life is officially considered screwed up.

Liz came to see me today. she didn't say much. All we did was exchange hello's and just sat in silence.

After she left a nurse came in.

"Miss Jones, if you are up for it tomorrow we can schedule your first therapy session." she said.

"Okay miss..." I looked at her name tag. "Joan." She was a middle aged wonan with dark brown hair.

"No problem, miss Jones."

"Please call me Mel."

"Okay, Mel. So how have you been feeling?"

"Terrible. It's all my fault. If I hadn't been such a horrible daughter this wouldn't have happened." I said.

"Well, where I'm from they always say: The one who desobays, is the first to pay."

I thought about it for a while. I didn't listen, so I had to pay. Is this God's way of punishing me?

"And there's also another one: Everything happens for a reason. Just calm down Melissa. Soon everything will fall into place, I promise."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N:

Hey guys. I'm so sorry for not updating. I have been so busy.  It's not that I didn't want to update.

I love all of you soo much for reading this. Please comment about what you think about the story and what you think is going to happen next. I promise I'll update before this year ends.

I love you all. Till next time.

Bye.