Chapter 2

A/N: So I know Prodigy got kicked out of MB a while ago, but the story is going to continue according to how I pictured it at first. Eventually, I think I might find a way to kick Prodigy out of the pack or whatever, but for the time being, he's here to stay! He may or may not be in this chapter.

***

I walked through the door after Breanna and a stout man in a black blazer escorted us to our seats, which weren't dead center, but towards the right of the front row. Right in front of the stage.

There was a guy on the stage raping words I couldn't understand. He was wearing an oversized white t-shirt that said 'Trukfit' on the bottom of a skateboard that a little black guy was holding. I had been hanging around Bre long enough to know all about the logo and the brand.

As soon as Bre and I were standing in front of our seats, I plopped down into mine. I expected for her to follow suit--especially since she was wearing heels--but she just kept standing. I stood up too, feeling awkward all of a sudden.

Bre thrust her right hand forward, into the air, and started pumping her arm up and down. I furrowed my eyebrows at her in confusion, but she didn't seem to notice me. If she did, she wasn't paying me any attention.

I looked around the entire stadium for the first time since we'd gotten there and noticed that almost everyone in the room was doing the same thing. Everyone's arms were pumping up and down in unison to the beat. After a while, I joined in with the crowd.

After a few minutes, the guy left the stage. Seconds later darkness settled over the arena. It was deadly silent as everybody waited for the next act to come on the stage. Someone quite a few rows behind us shouted, attempting to clear the awkward silence. They only made it more awkward.

A few minutes later, a girl came out and started singing a song I didn't know the lyrics to. She sang for about thirty-five minutes and then it was dark again as more awkward silence settled in. This would happen one last time before Mindless Behavior actually started performing. Every time, someone new would come on the stage and sing songs I hadn't heard before. Bre seemed to just hum along occasionally during a few songs. I looked over at her a couple of times and noticed that she had a small smile on her face the entire time. I was happy that she was enjoying herself, even though I felt a little out of place.

Before the last opening act started performing, I started feeling weird. My Wolf kept howling at me, begging me to Shift. I pushed her down and ignored her. I could faintly smell something indescribable in the air, through all the perfume being worn tonight. I asked Bre if she could smell it too.

"Mmm," she said, tilting her head back and sticking her nose into the air. "Nachos."

I shook my head at her. I knew the smell wasn't nachos, but I didn't say anything. She started dancing weirdly next to me as the lights dimmed that last time and the boys from Mindless Behavior stood in place, ready to perform.

"Are you feeling anything?" I asked. "Can you feel your Mate in the room yet, I mean?"

She shook her head. "No," she sighed, "But nothing is going to stop me from getting it in tonight. And it will be with Ray Ray." She smirked at me then. I smiled back and rolled my eyes. You would think that being 18 would make her more mature than me, but Bre was...different.

Ray Ray, I thought. Such a young name. How old is this kid anyway?

Bre growled at me without turning to face me. I really needed to remember to block my mind. She started dancing weird again.

"Okay. What's wrong with you?" I asked. "Why are you dancing like you have to pee?"

"Because I have to peee!" She hissed under her breath.