Chapter 6

Lumiere and Cogsworth paced back and forth, passing each other every so often. The rest of the staff quietly ignored them; except for Mrs. Potts and Chip, whose eyes followed the clock and candlestick's rhythmed movements. Chip eventually became dizzy and had to look away. They've been at it ever since the Master reappeared and asked for their help with his plans to get Belle to fall in love with him again and finish breaking the spell.

Chip sighed and cuddled up to his mother when they heard a sudden "AHA!". Everyone jumped in surprise, looking towards their head of household and head waiter. Cogsworth stared at his compatriot with open mouthed confusion, while Lumiere's face lit up with satisfaction, making the flames on his head and hands glow brighter.

"What is it, Lumiere?" Mrs. Potts asked cautiously.

"I have figured out how to convince Belle that the Master is really the Master!" Lumiere exclaimed.

"And how, pray tell, do you think we can do that?" Cogsworth narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"Why, tell her the truth of course," he replied with a smile.

Silence filled the room again. Lumiere still smiled, nodding his head encouragingly as if that will help them see the brilliance in his plan. Cogsworth crossed his arms and glared at Lumiere, while Mrs. Potts shook her head in disbelief.

"Do you honestly think that would work, Lumiere? That if we simply tell her that Prince Adam is, in fact, alive and well, and no longer a beast, that she'll believe us?" Cogsworth questioned.

"But of course!" Lumiere said. "Ever since the Master arrived, she has changed. She seems happier, like she was before. I'm certain if we explain everything that has happened since last year, she'll at least think about it. Besides, I believe that she already knows everything. Well, most of it."

Cogsworth's mouth opened and closed like a fish gasping for air. Everyone else's mouths lay gaping open, with wide-eyed confusion to add to the comical scene.

"Honestly, mes amis, I'm much more observant than you give me credit for." Lumiere laughed.

Chip started to laugh as well. Lumiere is always full of surprises.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gaston glared out the study window at Adam and Maurice. The two men were taking a late afternoon walk (More like wobbling, he thought smugly) through the garden. That crazy old man seems to be feeling better and better every day, and it seems to be progressing faster than it should. Gaston shook his head. Thinking gives him a headache and it's not really worth his time.

"Tea?" a soft voice asked.

"What?!" he demanded angrily. Gaston turned his head sharply to instead glare at the person who interrupted his musings. He saw Belle standing by the coffee table with a teapot in her hands.

"I asked if you wanted tea." Belle replied, lifting up the teapot.

He stood up and stalked over to his wife. He took the teapot, set it down and pulled her into his arms. She gasped in surprise, causing him to smirk with satisfaction.

"I'd rather have you fill my mouth. . ." he breathed into her ear.

Gaston pulled his head back slightly to capture Belle's lips in his. She made some noise, which he thought was satisfaction. Feeling encouraged, he continued to plunder her mouth. Belle's hands rested on his chest. Suddenly, her palms flattened and she pushed away from him. With a quiet thud, her back was to the door.

He was frozen in place, shocked and confused by what has transpired. Just as quickly as the shock came, it was replaced with rage.

"Belle, what the hell--" he bellowed. Before he could finish speaking, Belle opened the door and slammed it shut behind her.