Chapter 1

It happened that snowy night of December. I was casually playing a piano in the living room, when I sensed a presence of someone.

Just when I peeked out of the nearest window next to me, I saw tall guy in black coat. That moment, his eyes met mine. It felt like some kind of fairytale, where I was a lost princess who was locked up and a prince came to rescue me.

I just stared at him, and it eventually made him look away from me and left the place. Well, too bad. I think it was just too early to call that moment a "fairytale".

But, just what does this mean? His face looked familiar. His intense stare at my eyes opened another mystery in my life. Was this supposed to happen?

- After 3 months -

"Did you called us, president?" the short-haired lady said as she entered the room along with 6 guys. "What is it this time?" the red-headed guy also asked the man infront of them out of curiosity. "Miss Nanami... STARISH..." the man in suit muttered.

"Don't you think it's time to level up?!" he said in a cheerful manner as he faced the group of guys together with their composer, Nanami Haruka. They all seemed to be surprised. "Eh? What do you mean?" Nanami questioned the president of Shining Agency, Shining Saotome.

"It's your music..." Saotome softly muttered as he slightly bowed down his head. "Is something wrong with Nanami's music?" the little blonde guy asked without hesitation. They all started to stare Saotome intensely, while Nanami, looked a bit anxious.

"No, no, no, NO!!!" Saotome yelled as he jumped out of his chair, making him ending up landing closely before Nanami Haruka.

"As far as I observed, there was nothing wrong with Miss Nanami's songs she makes, but..." Saotome slowly says. STARISH and Nanami looked at their president in curiosity. "But...?" they all said in chorus.

That moment, a flawless music entered the whole building all of a sudden. They instantly recognized it's an acoustic guitar.

"She's finally here," Saotome said. "Who?" the brunette dark guy asked, with the rest of them looking all curious. Saotome just gave them a smirk, then jumped off to somewhere else.

"Hey, wait!" tall guy in spiky blue haired yelled out. They followed where Saotome went.

Their curiosity got even more deeper, as they heard the music nearing them. Suddenly, someone started to sing.

"Kurosaki sempai?" they paused as the orange haired male spoke. That moment, the flawless sound of acoustic guitar harmonized with a bass.

"We've gotta hurry," the brunette suggested. They continued running down the halls.

When they finally reached the lounge of the building, they saw two people performing. And yes, the one who was singing is Kurosaki Ranmaru. He was singing while he played his bass guitar.

Nanami was the first one to glance and notice the person beside Ranmaru. "Who is that?" she said pointing the white-haired lady beside Ranmaru.

She looked emotionless in her pale white skin, as she played the guitar sitting beside Ranmaru.

"She's pretty..." Nanami thought to herself.

Her music perfectly matched Ranmaru's voice. It also harmonized with the bass as well. She was just there... Playing a beautiful music that made everyone wonder how she played it perfectly.

"She's good..." the red head commented as he got mesmerized by the young lady playing the guitar. "She's...." the guy with straight blue hair also began to speak. "Do you know her, Hijirikawa-san?" Nanami asked the male, who was also seemed to be caught by the young girl's music.

All of a sudden, the music stopped. They seemed to finish their performance. The guys at the other side of lounge started to clap their hands, catching Nanami and STARISH's attention.

"Yeay~! You did it well, Ran-Ran!" the brunette guy in white hat said as he approached the Ranmaru, together with a guy with turquoise hair, and a long haired male.

Both the girl and Ranmaru stood up. "Nah. I couldn't have done without Shiro," Ranmaru said as he crossed his arms. "It's all thanks to Rurucchi, ne~?" the cheery brunette said, placing his arm around the girl, who was looking at him without any expression.

"Who's that lady, I wonder?" orange headed guy spoke as he laid his eyes on the girl being surrounded by the guys from Quartet Night. They looked at her, wondering who she is, and why she is here.

Then, a weird hysterical laughter filled the room. "That voice..." the little blonde guy recognized. "Shining Saotome!" STARISH said in chorus. Saotome appeared above the ceiling and everyone looked at him in surprise. Saotome jumped off, landing infront of the Quartet Night and the young mysterious lady.

"She's the missing piece I've been looking for, STARISH!" Saotome yelled out, spreading his arms widely, looking at the 6 guys along with Nanami. "Missing... Piece?" Nanami wondered.

"STARISH... I present to you... Your very new musician and music arranger, Miss Shirone!!!" Saotome loudly introduced the girl to them. "Musicia- What?!" the little guy reacted.

"That's rrrrright, Mister Kurusu," Saotome said. Starting today, Miss Shirone will be your musician and she'll be the one to arrange music pieces and plays it... All for you!" he explained.

The girl with empty look on her face stepped out. Without saying anything, she bowed down slightly before Nanami and the members of STARISH.

"Wait," someone spoke up. "What is it, Mister Jinguuji?" Saotome asked as he saw the male with orange hair wanted to say something.

"Isn't our lady, Nanami Haruka enough to arrange our music? She's our compo-" "NO!" Saotome quickly disagreed to the guy, namely Jinguuji Ren, who was unsatisfied of his sudden decision. Without letting him finish his words, he spoke again.

"Miss Nanami alone is not enoooouugh. She just composes music. Did you ever thought it's hard for her to compose and arrange the music at thesame time? You don't want to give Miss Nanami a headache, do ya?" Saotome said.

"Lady alone is fi-" "I think it's great someone is willing to help us," Nanami said, leaving Ren's words unfinished. "She plays music beautifully. I'd like to hear her play the songs I compose," she added.

"Nanami..." the red head, Ittoki uttered. "I agree. And it's better if more of us are here, right?" the brunette, Cecil seemed to agree.

"I also agree with Cecil-san. As long as it's still Nanami-san who writes our music, it's fine," the guy beside him, Tokiya seconded. The rest of them seemed to have agreed. Although Ren  still looked like he wasn't, he went with the flow. "Fine," he said.

"From now on, Miss Shirone will be working for Shining Agency. Good luck to all!" as Saotome stated his last words, he disappeared again.

"Jeez, that man..." Ranmaru uttered. "Are you sure with this, Shiro?" he questioned the girl beside him. She just nodded as an answer. "Fine. Just tell me if anything goes wrong, ok?"

"Why does Kurosaki sempai seems to be so close to her?" the guy in glasses, Shinomiya Natsuki said as he wondered watching those two. "Maybe they already know each other?" Ittoki suggested.

White-haired girl together with Quartet Night approached the STARISH. "Take care of her," Camus started. "You don't want to make her boyfriend go upset," he said, glancing over Ranmaru. The girl just made an intense stare as a reaction. "I-Idiot! W-We aren't dating..!" Ranmaru made an immediate reaction, as he revealed his blushing face.

"I also don't want anyone to trouble Kururi. Especially Natsuki and Syo," Ai also spoke, looking at the guys with his usual poker face. "Wha-what did you say?!" Syo yelled towards Ai. "Ai sempai is so mean~" Natsuki said.

"Whatever. Just do your things as usual and Shiro will also do hers," Ranmaru told them. "Nanami, you take Shiro to the women's dorm," he ordered.

"Ah, yes!" Nanami quickly obeyed him. "Shall we go, Shirone-san?" she asked out the white head. She nodded in response.

As Nanami and Shirone left, Quartet Night also left the place. STARISH was still there. Each one of them had the same question left by the mysterious girl in their minds.