Presage

Well that was a long hiatus... I'm so sorry everyone that my updates are so far and between.

However I am done with school for a while, so hopefully I should have more time to update!

Anyhow, Started With a Kiss is the plan for the next update. I had to reorder Order of the Phoenix since with moving dorms and such, I very unfortunately lost it. But the book should be arriving tomorrow and I will get right back in the swing!

Presage: a foreboding about what is about to happen  

Lights went off all around them. The bar was swept into darkness. Just as Hermione whipped out her wand lumos nearly on her lips, a smooth voice whispered "Let's get you out of here."

Although Hermione's rational side screamed No! Stranger! Hermione had just been in the middle of a couple's spat, a couple in which one had previously been her Ronald Weasley look alike date, she chose to silence her rational side and let herself get apparated away.

Hermione's eyes adjusted to the bright light. "Where am I?"

"Anywhere but there, right?"

Hermione's head whipped to the side as she heard the familiar voice. "Kane!" She exclaimed in surprise upon seeing the last person she'd ever expected.

Sad hazel eyes stared back at her. "I have to go,"

"Wait!" Hermione said grabbing a fistful of his robes, "I thought you told me we'd never see each other again."

"I did," Kane said coolly, without infliction.

Hermione stepped away as she let go of his robes, feeling quite embarrassed, "Okay," she said, her voice faint as she tried to mask her own emotions.

"I'm," He whispered. "I'm sorry Hermione Granger. But this is for the best. I am not," He said as he turned to look at her. "I am not who you think I am." He whispered lightly grazing her right cheek with his cold fingertips.

And like that Hermione was left alone again. It took her a few seconds of staring at the empty space in front of her before she remembered that she did not know where she was. Looking around, Hermione found herself in a lighthouse of all things. She walked to the edge so that she could peer over. The lighthouse overlooked the English Channel. Harsh cold waves crashed onto the rocks as gulls cried what sounded like a sad song. Instead of apparating away, Hermione chose to stay in that lonely lighthouse, where she'd been rescued by a man that had told her years ago that they would never meet again. Fate sure was funny these days.

A part of Hermione was almost convincing her that it had all been a dream, but the cold feeling in her heart and the linger of a cold touch on her cheek told her otherwise. Twice she'd let him go now, go without a word. An almost stranger, yet a stranger that knew her better than most and one, who'd most definitely touched her more than most.

Languid hands had explored her body, as heavy legs trapped her beneath them so she could do little else but run her fingers down his chest. His fingers traced each one of her curves, from her cheeks, to the tip of her hip joint. Lips that were just a little chapped had grazed over her breasts, his slightly pointed nose almost nudging her cleavage. They'd spent hours in near darkness, only some light from a candle near the balcony illuminating anything, exploring each other's bodies, learning ticks and pressure point. Where to touch to hear the right sound.

Just thinking about it made Hermione wish she had not so much pride that she could not chase after the man who knew how to make her feel like as if she was where she was meant to be, when he rubbed circles on her bare back. But he'd never promised her a future, in fact he'd quite promised the opposite from the time they met. And she was not delusional enough to believe that she could make a person change their mind. Nor did she want to put her heart out there to someone who seemed otherwise inclined.