Limbo

Nursing his drink, Draco related once more, this time to the doctor in charge, exactly what he did. Well him and Granger but it wasn’t like as if he could tell the doctor that Granger had technically used transfiguration.  Still the doctor before him was skeptical.  They couldn’t find his degree on any muggle medical records, and since he had told the waiter that he was a doctor, the hospital was treating him practically like some kind of crook. For saving a bloody person’s life.  Muggles. 

“Sir, shouldn’t you be checking up on the patient instead of grilling my… friend.” Hermione interrupted the doctor’s excessive questioning of Malfoy.  However at “friend” both turned to look at her, all their attention on her. Both were looking rather apprehensively at her but for completely different reasons. 

“Miss,” The doctor paused. 

“Granger.” Hermione finished for him. 

“Your,” He once again paused making both Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger at this point, quite doubt his abilities. 

“Friend,” Hermione prompted this time. 

“Is completely fine, despite the dire allergic reaction because of the quick actions taken, he is recovering well.”

“Then, why are you still questioning my… friend when all he did was help, possibly saving my other friend’s life?” Hermione asked in her utmost professional manner, though feeling slightly ridiculous at her repetition of friend. 

“Well I, there are just many who think that because they read a few books or information on the internet and then believe they have the capability of taking medical actions without the training and”

At this point Draco stopped listening as he rubbed his temple. Why did he agree to come with the medic team? It wasn’t like as if he had done some difficult procedure that they needed to question him on.  Seriously.  It wasn’t like as if it wasn’t awkward enough with seeing Granger on a date.  “Excuse me but if the patient is recovering just fine, I believe that you no longer need me.  And with that, I am sorry to say but I really must leave, my morning starts quite-” He said as eloquently as he could, all the while calling the so called doctor before him every synonym of idiot he knew, even in the three languages he was forced to learn when he was a child, only to be interrupted as two women came rushing towards them. 

“Hermione, oh honey are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? And Peter?” The dark haired woman hugged Granger before checking her all over. 

“I’m fine Mum,”

And with them all being distracted, Draco Malfoy took that chance to toss his drink and make his escape.  Getting out of the facility and away from any cameras, he finally apparated home.

!

Getting home, Draco was more than happy to take off his layers.

“Whoa man I don’t want to see that much… not that I haven’t seen all of it.”