A Kings Request

hey eh this is the second part to the book. i actually have the entire first book written and ready. so yeh ok posting this and another story called Trapped which is just a quirky thing ive been working on so check in out

Kayne raised his hand and the glass of strong whiskey flew from one end of the room to the other. Twirling the dark liquid lightly around in the glass Kayne felt a soothing feeling as he smiled and placed the drink down on the table.

       Kayne’s appearance would have surprised any person who didn’t already know him. He wore simple leather clothes with chain mail under his leather jerkin. Neither were fancy in the slightest and Kayne preferred it that way. In his mind armour was for protection not style. His large broadsword Fang lay strapped to his waist supported by a leather scabbard. The blade was larger than most and looked almost crude in the way it had been combined with the elegance of the sliver hilt which adorned it yet somehow the odd combination melded into one exquisite blade not to mention a deadly ally for its wielder.  Fang was not as infamous as its master as many that glazed as its deathly grace hadn’t lived to tell its tale.

He had long flowing brown hair, which was messy and he had a ragged face, one that had endured so much. He wasn’t handsome yet neither could be said to be unattractive and to the many women who had lusted after him the mystery surrounding the man made the chase that bit more thrilling. Kayne had clear blue eyes and through the hard exterior there were laughter lines and a soft face. Kayne stood broad and muscular; also though he was fast, his build had fooled his enemies into underestimating him and this had led to their untimely demise. Kayne sighed as he realised he hadn’t had the thrill of a fight for so long. Training squirts didn’t count.

“My lord!” a voice called from behind his wooden door.

“Come” he watched the solider walk in the door and compose himself before speaking,

“The great king requires your attention in his quarters immediately”

Kayne sighed “Did the king tell you the reason for this assembly, solider?”

“No I’m sorry my lord he did not. Only to meet him in his quarters”

“It’s fine I was curious that is all” he saw the solider trembling “Is there something else” then he remembered. “Thank you for the message, you should be pleased and honoured that my lord selected you”

“I am sire, very. That is not what I wish to ask”

“Then what is it? I do have an audience with the king remember. My patience is running thin!”

The solider took a step back and hastily replied. “Sorry sire I meant no disrespect it is just I have been asked to ask you some questions.

“How many?” Kayne said his voice harsh.

“Only two, first is it true that you killed over six thousand Dagra at Notre?”

Kayne laughed. “Is that what you were told? It was more like four thousand, I can’t remember the exact number, there were a lot of them and I lost count after about two thousand five hundred”

The solider laughed.” Amazing, do you have any advice for swordsmanship?”

“Yes!” Kayne said, his face dead serious “do you remember how they tell you in battle to fight with honour”

“Yes sir!”

“Don’t listen, in a duel maybe but in battle if you get a chance to stab the enemy in the back then you take it. Punch the idiot who told you otherwise. Now is that all?”

“Yes sir! May I say it is an honour and privilege to have finally met a hero and warrior of such skill” The solider saluted before marching back out and round the corner. Kayne grinned, grabbed his sword and headed for the door.