A New Home

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE IS READING THIS STORY BUT I THINK I AM GOING TO START UPDATING ON WEDNESDAY'S. ALSO FEED BACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS!!!

_______________________________________________________________________

Eliza's P.O.V.

Mazy was quick about getting me and my stuff into her car and then we were off to get some coffee. I had been walking for almost three hours, putting the clock at about 7:30 pm. I didn't even realize I had been out in the cold for that long, Mazy thought it was a miracle that I didn't die from hypothermia. We stopped at the coffee shop and ordered our coffee. Then, we sat down in the booth farthest from the door.

"Eliza, you are crazy I tell ya! How come you didn't call me as soon as you were getting ready to climb out of your window? I would have come over and got you." Mazy complained.

" I don't know why, Mazy. I just kind of acted without thinking. I'm sorry for not calling you, I just needed to think for a while." I replied.

"It's fine Eliza, you can stay with me as long as you want, no rent. But, if you could help with the groceries, that would be nice."

"Thank you so much Mazy, you seriously are the best friend ever. I love you so much." I leaned across the table and gave Mazy the biggest hug ever with tears filling my startling electric blue eyes, I was so grateful to have her as a friend. I really didn't deserve a friend like Mazy, she was so good to me and I couldn't ever repay that.

Once our coffee was finished off, we headed back to Mazy's car and continued on our journey to the place I will soon call home. The ride to Mazy's flat was filled with a comfortable silence and a lot of daydreams about the past, back when my parents still loved me. I now wonder when exactly my parents started to no longer care about me.

" Eliza... Eliza... ELIZA! Snap out of it, girl! We're here." Mazy exclaimed.

"Sorry Mazy, there is a lot on my mind right now. I didn't mean to ignore you." We both got out of the car and walked up the stairs to the door of her flat. Mazy grabs an extra key from under the mat and hands it to me.

"This is your key now. Now its official, you are living with me!" Mazy said all jittery and excited while she attacked me with her signature bone crushing hug.

Mazy opened the door to her, well, now our flat, to see the most spacious apartment I had ever seen. It was absolutely beautiful, the walls were all white while there were hints of black around the windows and ceilings. Two cream colored sofas and a black bed-like sofa were positioned in a letter U shape. In the middle of the three sofas, a simple black wooden coffee table was set on a pure white rug. The floor was made from black wood, which went beautifully with all the furniture.

Mazy then lead me into the kitchen, which was always my favorite part of someones house. I love to cook and bake. I instantly fell in love with her kitchen. It was beautiful, all the appliances were shiny stainless steel and the cabinets were black with a white granite countertop. It looked like a kitchen a professional chef would cook in. I sometimes think that I want to be a chef when I am older, but I haven't made up my mind.

"Wow Mazy," I said in astonishment " How much money do you have, exactly?"

"Well, my dad owns his own law firm. When I told him I wanted to move out, he bought the flat fully furnished and already paid off." Mazy replied.

"Mazy, I have known you for over four years, how come you never told me this?" I asked with hurt lacing my voice.

"Because I was scared that you would use me like everyone did in middle school." Mazy replied looking down at her feet.

"Mazy, you are practically my sister! You know I would never use you, we have been friends for so long and I have never asked you for money ever." I told her.

"I know. I'm sorry Eliza, I promise I'll tell you everything from now on." Mazy promised. "Now, let's go see your room!" and just like that, the topic was dropped. Mazy lead me up some black stairs that were lined up the wall that separated the kitchen from the living room. We walked down the hallway to the door all the way at the end. She opened the door and lead me into the room.

"Well, this is your room now. You can do whatever you want to it as long as the colors on the walls stay the same. But other then that it's yours now, and if you need anything my room is two doors down on the right. I'll let you get unpacked."

Mazy left the room leaving me with only my bags and my thoughts. I started analyzing the room to see just how big it was, and let me tell you, the room was huge. A king sized bed was placed in the middle of the room and had red and grey sheets, with pillows and a grey comforter. On both sides of the bed, there were mahogany nightstands with a lamp on each. The mahogany dresser had a white jewelry box sitting on it untouched. On the other side of the of the room, was an area like a little living room. A grey sofa was positioned perfectly in front of a 42 inch television. Off to the side was a mini fridge with a microwave on top of it. Me being the nosey person I am, I decided to open the fridge to see what was inside. To my delight, it was filled with a crap ton of green Monsters and food. I wrote a mental note in my head to thank Mazy some more later. It took me almost two hours before I was finished putting my room the order I wanted it. All my band posters were placed perfectly next to each other on the wall above my bed. All my clothes were place in the walk in closet inside the very spacious bathroom connected to my bedroom. All in all, I really did like my new home. On top of that, I get to live with my best friend!

I headed down stairs so Mazy and I could eat dinner together. By the time I made it down stairs, Mazy had just closed the front door and walked into the kitchen with two boxes of Papa John's pizza. I took only two pieces of pizza and ate them in silence. I told Mazy goodnight and walked back upstairs to turn in for the night.