Chapter Fourteen

It took us some time, maybe around two to four months, but George and I eventually found a place that was close enough to both of our work places as well as the burrow. It wasn't a very large or pretty house, but it was our house. It didn't need much doing in terms of renovations but we could at least make it our own. And once we start working on that quidditch sized family that George wants, we would be able to extend our house upwards (a bit like the Burrow), which was helped by the fact that we were quite isolated in the middle of the country a good few miles away from the nearest village.

We were just about to leave the Burrow for our new house one evening when we got an urgent message that arrived via floo.

"How odd, it's from Hogwarts." I said to George as I picked it up from the burnt wood. "Molly! Arthur! There's an urgent message from Hogwarts!" I called into the kitchen as the letter started to twitch in my hand. Mr and Mrs Weasley came rushing into the living room just as I lost my grip on the letter and it started telling us it's contents.

"Dear Mr and Mrs Weasley,

It is with my saddest of hearts that I inform you of a terrible situation that has befallen upon your son Ronald Weasley.

He has been poisoned, but luckily Harry Potter and Professor Slughorn were on hand to save him from the grips of death, he is however in a terrible state and is being cured for by Madame Pomfrey. We assure you that his health is her highest priority at this moment.

We would, however, request your presence and that of whoever you wish to bring so that you are assured that he is well cared for.

I would also like to take this time to speak to you about these matters.

We look forward to seeing you shortly, my personal floo network has been connected to yours as I write this.

All the best.

Albus Dumbledore."

"Come on kids into the fireplace." Mr Weasley said as he pushes us in next to his tearful wife. I instantly wrapped my arms around a seemingly frail Mrs Weasley as I tried to comfort her. Mr Weasley steps in after us after he finishes writing a quick note to Fred who was still at work.

As we arrive in Professor Dumbledore's office we are greeted not only by his face but that of Professor McGonagall, Professor Slughorn and Professor Snape.

"Do you know how this happened?" I questioned as I rushed out of the fireplace, my question directed more at Professor Snape than anyone else.

Professor Snape my not be the most liked teacher at this school, especially of those students affiliated with any other house that wasn't Slytherin, but it is an undeniable fact that he has a natural gift for potions. If anyone was to know the cause of this it would be him.

"Young Mrs Weasley, congratulations by the way. It seems that Ron was under a love potion when Mr Potter found him. Not wanting to treat it himself he went to Professor Slughorn for help. Once Ron was cured at that they shared a cup of mead to help lift the spirits." Dumbledore started.

"Ron isn't old enough to drink, he shouldn't have touched that mead in the first place." Molly gasped through her tears.

"Albus, perhaps it's best to let Mr and Mrs Weasley see their son first." Professor McGonagall suggested.

"Yes yes of course, Severus would you mind showing them the way?"

As we followed Professor Snape down the corridors that I knew like the back of my hand, I couldn't help but wonder why it was always Ron and Harry getting into these situations. Why couldn't they be smart like Hermione and leave well alone?

When we arrive at the hospital we were greeted by quite a sight. Harry was sat in the armchair by the bed, dozing quietly, Ginny was fast asleep in the other armchair and Hermione was sat atop the bed, her hand clasped in Ron's stroking small circles on the back of his hand.

When she heard someone enter the room, Hermione's head snapped up to see us. She rushed over to me, whilst Mrs Weasley took her place, and ran hard into my arms before she started to sob.

"Oh Hermione... Shhh, everythings going to be alright." I whispered as I stroked the back of her hair, in what I hoped was a comforting fashion. As I said this though I looked over her shoulder to see Ron's deathly pale face. "Why don't you go and sit and talk with George for a bit, I need to have a quick word with Harry?" I suggested to which she just nodded.

I moved over to where Harry was sat and nudged him slightly. He looked up at me sleepily and I just nodded to the door. We walked together in silence until we were out of hearing range from the Weasleys and Hermione. "Harry, what happened?"

"Well I came back into the dorm and Ron was there, he had scoffed a whole box of chocolates that were laced with a love potion, intended for me. He was so far gone so I thought I better take him to Professor Slughorn. We made him a tonic to get rid of it, but then Ron wasn't feeling well so Slughorn opened a bottle of mead and we all had a glass, Ron had the first sip. It was horrible he was foaming at the mouth and everything." He explained. I placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to gain his attention.

"Listen Harry, you have to be really careful. Voldemort is getting stronger, he's gaining more support. There are bound to be children of Deatheaters here. You have to be careful." I said rather harshly, I knew this wasn't Harry's fault but he needed to take matters more seriously.

"Ari, things have been happening here. I think Draco is a deatheater." Harry whispered, careful not to gain the attention of anyone else.

"Okay Harry, I have some work that I need to do in Lucius' office this week. I'll keep my eyes and ears open, I suggest you do the same." I said as I smiled at the boy, trying to lift both of our spirits a bit.

"Ari, honey, we're leaving now." George smiled as he came up beside me. "You alright Harry?"

"Just fine." The teenager grumbled.

"Harry please be careful." I plead with the boy before I let George drag me with him back to the headmaster's office so that we could floo back to the Burrow, which was where we slept that night.