Falling Stars- Hades/ Aerith

This is from my story: HOW TO BE A QUEEN (Myths Finding Love #1)

Set after the events of How I Fell For Death. Aurea and Aidon were born 2013 and this is the Valentine’s Day eighteen years after that.

 SONG: A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay (Media Link available) :)

February 14, 2031
Artists and Reader’s Nook
Paris, France

She walks in beauty, like the night

   Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that’s best of dark and bright

   Meet in her aspect and her eyes;

Thus mellowed to that tender light

   Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,

   Had half impaired the nameless grace

Which waves in every raven tress,

   Or softly lightens o’er her face;

Where thoughts serenely sweet express,

   How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o’er that brow,

   So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,

The smiles that win, the tints that glow,

   But tell of days in goodness spent,

A mind at peace with all below,

   A heart whose love is innocent!”

Hades’ deep baritone echoed across the little café we loved so much as he spoke a poem by Lord Byron that he memorized by heart.

I sighed and looked around the place after wiping a single tear from my eye. This was where we first came when we were in Paris. I remembered going here after our fight more than eighteen years ago.

Of course, we made up. Then he brought me here and I fell in love with this place at first sight. It was perfect! I also remembered drawing him here and the owner framing and displaying my work.

Eighteen years later, that painting I did was still there on the wall.

Sadly, the owner already passed away.

I remembered our encounter in the Underworld. Hades and I guided him to Elysium and while we did that, he shared so much stories about this quaint little café.

He passed away but his legacy did not. It turned out his son was much more of a romantic. Now, this was not simply a place where you can get coffee and draw or paint. Now, there were several nights where there was poetry reading.

Some people can go here and read poems they wrote themselves or recite old poems that captured their heart.

It was Valentine’s Day today and the café was packed.

All of them clapped after Hades’ finished reciting his poem. I felt all the emotions he poured into that and I couldn’t help but remember all the courtship poems he recited for me before.